Thread: Items inside container multiplied when destroy then recreated the container.

Post Thanks / Like

Items inside container multiplied when destroy then recreated the container.

Game Version: 0.8.14.1
    Simple Description: Items inside container multiplied when destroy then recreate the container.
    Detailed Description: When I destroy (not entirely) a container that contains items, I get them back. If I rebuild this container, items are in it, and in my inventory. It's possible to multiple stuff really quickly that way ^^
    Reproducibility: Every time, tried with Compact Container and Emergency 3D Printer.
    How to Reproduce:
    1. Build a container.
    2. Put some stuff in it.
    3. Shoot it with "Secondary mode" of the multi-tool, without destroying it entirely. You retrieve the stuff.
    5. Rebuild it.
    6. Your stuff is in your inventory and in the container

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how this issue will be solved. If the goddilos will attack our vehicles and reduce the containers to girder level, in the current state the player will get his items duplicated
    • If the items do not drop when the container is at girder level, will be strange. As soon as the container cannot be accessed anymore, it makes sense to see the items falling out.
    • If the container will become indestructible, that could be a good shield against the goddilo damage.

Realistic would be to see the vehicle breaking apart before the container is destroyed but this will annoy some people, and if we could get this behavior, we could get the opposite one too, where we should be able to merge together two grids, like I hope will happen with the soon to be received blueprints.

Post Thanks / Like
    I should think that when a container is damaged to the frame level by something other than our own multi tool, whatever contents are in that container should be dropped, just like we drop items when our inventory is full.

Post Thanks / Like
    In 0.9.0.3 this bug went out ^^
    I agree with you @Indigo, even when it is damaged by the multi tool IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VNourdin View Post
    In 0.9.0.3 this bug went out ^^
    I agree with you @Indigo, even when it is damaged by the multi tool IMO.
    For me the amount of damage should matter. Dents and scratches shouldn’t impact a container’s ability to contain. Holes though should, which is why I mentioned Frame level damage. The multi tool has a habit of picking up items, so damaging a container with it, or more specifically destroying one with it should still retrieve contents. Leaving it damaged though should cause it to spill its contents.