Thread: Walking speed

Post Thanks / Like

Walking speed

Any chance we could make the walking speed a little faster?

I know we can run, but that takes extra stamina(?), but the walking speed seems a little slow.
    In general and compared to other similar games I guess.

BTW: Great game still.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bare in mind, we are wearing space suits with jet packs on our backs. How agile do you really think we'd be? I'm fine with the walking speed where it is, that's why we build vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Indigo,

But there was talk of a Mrk-5 suit, and a little increased walking speed for it would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Viking View Post
    I agree with Indigo,

But there was talk of a Mrk-5 suit, and a little increased walking speed for it would be nice.
    I could definitely get behind a suit upgrade that boosted walking speed a little - over here we've been developing this thing called "Atlas" which is an exoskeleton "suit" to allow people to lift incredibly heavy loads, or for soldiers to carry heavy gear considerably distances without tiring, so I can support this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think long term, some specialized suits and jetpacks in general would be a great way to add some interesting depth and utility in game. A faster suit is a good idea, basically an upgraded basic suit design. But what about an underwater suit that rebreathes so there is no need for oxygen? A "heavy" suit similar to the one Indigo mentions, that could have expanded internal inventory but be slower with faster jetpack fuel usage. A high tiered "flyer" jetpack with more efficient high powered jets and a glide feature when fuel is spent. A radiation suit for working in or near the monuments.

So many possible options!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrmithrax View Post
    I think long term, some specialized suits and jetpacks in general would be a great way to add some interesting depth and utility in game. A faster suit is a good idea, basically an upgraded basic suit design. But what about an underwater suit that rebreathes so there is no need for oxygen? A "heavy" suit similar to the one Indigo mentions, that could have expanded internal inventory but be slower with faster jetpack fuel usage. A high tiered "flyer" jetpack with more efficient high powered jets and a glide feature when fuel is spent. A radiation suit for working in or near the monuments.

So many possible options!
    If we go with a high-tiered "flyer" suit, I want pataga to glide with!

Post Thanks / Like