Thread: PN - where to ???

Post Thanks / Like

PN - where to ???

My gaming partner and I - both now advanced to the old-timer-nomad level -had shelved PN for several weeks to get better judgement of changes applied.
    Facit when we returned: We have the feeling that an extremely promising and welcomed game is being set into the sand.

Everything declines - FROM basic performance (lags, vision build, glitches and bugs ecg) getting worse with each patch TO an in the meanwhile close to non existent and badly weighted survival aspect (we are missing the caves,dense jungle biomes, broken legs and outrunning suit energy properly regenerated in a stasis that we reach with the last breath more than ever).
    A beautiful and lovingly done ambience and the possibility of creating weird stuff does not compensate for a game lacking in aim and performance.

We will not post an endless list of bad tunings and concepts here - which could be easily done. New gamers names have appeared in the forums posting the same topics many old-timers commented on already a year ago or even longer.
    (Just one minor side note: Take your minds off water! Survival will not get more challenging only by making water more difficult to find, tune up the storms toeven more rain and cold and take off the traction of the wheels under water - that is simply just annoying)

We think there is only one way to save the game:
    While keeping gamers happy with some minor gimmicks take 10 steps back, take a view of the whole current concept, trash it and start the coding anew from scratch.Many true fans of PN might not mind to lose all their old saves as long as the changes are worth it and the game is reverted back to a very promising state similar and in quality comparable to a 6.0 version (without caves but with the new blocks, machines and sounds added)
    Last edited by oh016; 29-05-2018 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Got too emotional and was too rough in the end. That was not constructive at all. Sorry for that :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    It is sad for this newcomer to see you old timers go. This is the first game (after hundreds of them) that really made me try to support or help its development.

I hope this situation gets better. Anyway, good luck in your new adventures!

Post Thanks / Like
    IMPOTANT notice to DEVELOPERS!

I am braving the bad text edition (much better today) of this forum one last time to give an important notification to the developers

I have taken time to counter-check all currently high rated non or at least not much combative survival games - not many of those.
    Although PN currently fights with some performance problems
    and
    Although challenges unluckily have been downgraded too low with all after Christmas changes:

The primary idea and concept behind PN is still UNIQUE, BRILLIANT and UNEQUALED by any of those games !

This excellence must not be spoiled and destroyed by your listening to bad reviews of a lot of dumb LM-Tabbers.

Please get back to the ideas of the games main concept you started with and keep them up!
    They are currently unmatched by any other game and should and we hope will receive support from any intelligent and creative non-combative real survivalist - us included!

I do not know if there is money involved but currently there seem to run lobbying campaigns for other games and a mobbing campaign against PN - I got that impression at least at Steam. So perhaps you should check on that and try to counteract behind the scenes if that is possible.

@ Krookward: Re first time of supporting (very fervently) - same here ! Pease keep it up - the game is worthy of it ! We all have just been too long at it and not being happy with the latest developments we are just taking a break and watching out for what is to come.
    Once nomad - always nomad, even if actually not a playing one :-)
    Last edited by oh016; 23-05-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Azirahael's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eh. This seems overkill to me.

Change happens. This seems a lot like 'they changed it, now it sucks!'
    Performance was never great, but i didn't see it step back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Azirahael View Post
    Eh. This seems overkill to me.
    Change happens. This seems a lot like 'they changed it, now it sucks!'
    Performance was never great, but i didn't see it step back.
    Difficulty of survival has been going down through changes in resource availability and character vitals management, biome reachability and mainly by introducing air blades.

Though you can restrict from using helpful features like Menzagitat currently does most players will not do so and thus arrive at the highest technology level too fast like TwoThe and then find nothing to do if they are not creative.
    Read the opinions of other old-time nomads and you will find this opinion everywhere: Survival aspect was tuned down continuously and keeping it going now is dependent on players self restriction.

I like to speak clear words. PN is in EA and players contributions are necessary to let devs collect opinions.

But I am still lobbying for PN as much as I can!

BTW: Neither I nor my gaming partner are people who say "something sucks".We engage in discussions, analyses and do careful weightings of pros and cons without thinking in box schemes. We explore into the depths of a game to see what we can do about it as players to make it stay attractive and where the game itself defeats our efforts. No headless teenies on this side of the thread so do not judge us like ones.
    Last edited by oh016; 27-05-2018 at 05:45 PM.