Thread: ship dependency

Post Thanks / Like

ship dependency

Maybe I have been focusing too much on building stuff, so I have tons of rigs and printers and I use a ship to carry tons of building mats. I do not see the point to travel alone through the teleport pads... I need my ship!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Krookward View Post
    Maybe I have been focusing too much on building stuff, so I have tons of rigs and printers and I use a ship to carry tons of building mats. I do not see the point to travel alone through the teleport pads... I need my ship!
    Build bases by Monoliths.

Post Thanks / Like
    The need or lack of a need for teleporting depends on your planetís monument locations.
    Ideally you would find a spot with all ores, but that is extremely rare.
    Building a main base near a monument with basic ore, and find other monuments with the other ores (including one with Xaenite) and setting up manufacturing based at each of them is what I like to do.

My last game 9 of the monuments where in tundra locations, and really did not see a point in using them.
    This game so far I have a nice mixture; tundra, deep woods, a desert mesa, plains, and hoping for a tropical island.
    So whatever mood Iím I can just teleport to what I feel like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Viking View Post
    The need or lack of a need for teleporting depends on your planet’s monument locations.
    Good point.

Building a main base near a monument with basic ore, and find other monuments with the other ores (including one with Xaenite) and setting up manufacturing based at each of them is what I like to do.
    And do you move things between bases by carrying them in the backpack and teleporting?

Post Thanks / Like

And do you move things between bases by carrying them in the backpack and teleporting?
    Yep, I unload everything, teleport, grab up to 30 stacks of parts/fuel/FAD, and teleport back.
    For example, say I grabbed 1500 frames and 1500 plates that would be enough to place 750 floor blocks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I unload everything, teleport, grab up to 30 stacks of parts/fuel/FAD, and teleport back.
    For example, say I grabbed 1500 frames and 1500 plates that would be enough to place 750 floor blocks.
    Nice... wait, and do you use vehicles at all once you have set your bases up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice... wait, and do you use vehicles at all once you have set your bases up?
    I have a habit of building multiple bases, all over the place, and don't consider them "complete" until they have some sort of self-sustaining power supply (Uranium or Deuterium reactor), and at least one vehicle suitable to the environment they're in - be in a wheeled vehicle, hover or aircraft. Recently I've started building massive battery-walls and solar farms as well, but these can get messy at times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure!
    Besides them being fun to ride, they are good for biomass runs, collecting wreck parts, and doing ore runs when there source is nearby.

I change it up each play; last I tried a mega ship and did not use monuments. But floating foundation had some issues with my large ship design and would sink if I went too far from it, and did crazy bouncing when I returned.

I love the replay value of PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    I have a habit of building multiple bases, all over the place, and don't consider them "complete" until they have some sort of self-sustaining power supply (Uranium or Deuterium reactor), and at least one vehicle suitable to the environment they're in - be in a wheeled vehicle, hover or aircraft. Recently I've started building massive battery-walls and solar farms as well, but these can get messy at times.
    I change it up each play; last I tried a mega ship and did not use monuments. But floating foundation had some issues with my large ship design and would sink if I went too far from it, and did crazy bouncing when I returned.
    Cool, thanks for your ideas!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've gotten to that stage where I am doing that as well now.

I have a small base about 150m away from the monuments that are in a good (i.e. resource rich) location.
    They have or will have a printer, stasis chamber and a car of some sort.

Makes getting around the planet so much quicker, you just have to remember to keep a good supply of the alien power modules on you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't played with the Teleporters yet, but do they 'port 'things' or just the player?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightySpud View Post
    I haven't played with the Teleporters yet, but do they 'port 'things' or just the player?
    Just the player. That's why I am bit reluctant.

Post Thanks / Like
    They teleport the player and his inventory. (no storage boxes or vehicles.)
    Make sure you have 4 or more fuel cells in your inventory to get back.

with a mrk-4 suit your base should start at least 120 away from the monument.

I have just traveled on foot between base and monument, built walkways, had vehicles, and even moved the teleport pad out of radiation range. I think building a tram would be very cool, but I have not done one…… or have I seen one going between base and monument.

This tundra monument called for an underground base.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1258988081

This main monument had walkways to airship docking platforms.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1273195432
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1273195058

I was going to build 4 bases (North, South, East, and west) at this monument, but the game got buggy.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1330478357

Post Thanks / Like
    I just come across this video, and it has me rethinking how to start new building sites.
    There is no reason we can’t prefab our base, landing pad, vehicles, and whatever and ship it to a new site.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9u2lKRfpZU

Post Thanks / Like
    You know... this inspires me. See Suggestion forum post: https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...te-Game-Device for details.
    Last edited by Indigo; 23-05-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that, once we have blueprints implemented, the teleporters won't be as daunting. We'd be able to stock up on components, jump through, and immediately build what we want on the other side (in theory). That would definitely encourage using the teleport network more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrmithrax View Post
    I think that, once we have blueprints implemented, the teleporters won't be as daunting. We'd be able to stock up on components, jump through, and immediately build what we want on the other side (in theory). That would definitely encourage using the teleport network more.
    And if we can eliminate that nasty radiation business with a human-built version... now we're talking.

Right now, where I have bases built around monoliths, they all have a "Decontamination" ward to pass through on the way inside consisting of a medium med bay and storage box to keep some decon tablets handy. My first trip through one of these was nearly fatal, as I didn't realize right away I was melting from radiation!