Thread: IA for transport ships

Post Thanks / Like

IA for transport ships

I would like to be able to put an IA to a ship and instruct it to go to my mining rigs, wait for the containers to fill up, go to the printers, wait for them to be emptied. Then repeat. It would be nice to see them fly alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    An.. Intelligence Artificial?
    I'm inclined to think it might be possible with motorized blocks to create some automated systems that could accomplish something to this effect.
    Personally, I rather like making the rounds myself to collect materials, otherwise it's easy to find you've little reason to venture outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    An.. Intelligence Artificial?
    Yeah, that, . Sorry, my native language betrayed me, words are sorted differently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Krookward View Post
    Yeah, that, . Sorry, my native language betrayed me, words are sorted differently.
    Not a problem - just wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd second that - my main base is in the desert and a run to my iron mines is either a long haul North West or multiple trips through the semi-local teleport.

In the game's original text intro, he "sends out his remaining mining robot to distract the gorilla like creatures" which implies there should be fully automated robots that will go out and mine for you. Whether you have to build them block by block or they are built the same way as the static minors, I don't mind but would like to see them implemented.

Post Thanks / Like
    Even if we had to build a set of navigation beacons to mark out it's path - or a set of rails for a car to follow - that'd be grand.