Thread: Suggestion: For 2 Six Slot Rows of Inventory Storage, Just for Components Alone

Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion: For 2 Six Slot Rows of Inventory Storage, Just for Components Alone

This idea is to have 2 Full inventory rows, so 12 slots, just for components to carry around on your person. At first, I was thinking to have each slot specific to each of the 12 components. Then also, the idea of just having 12 slots that will take whatever stacks of components was also I nice way of looking at it. Then the player can select if they want 1 stack of each 12 or have multiple stacks of something if they need that too.

So with 2 extra rows of 6 slots somewhere just for components, I think will increase the experience by allowing us not to be encumbered by going on a non-vehicle run of exploration. Where one is just jet-packing around and is carrying the materials on them to drop down anything they need from the 100 stack of each 12 comps.

Would be nice to have that as a Component Inventory as separate Rows from the main Loot rows section that contain Stims, Meds, Ore, Food, Drink, etc. where only components can go.

- - - Updated - - -

Another great use for this idea, is when gearing up to go find a mining site location. One does not have to fill the Loot area to bring construction materials with them, or have to put construction materials into their vehicle's onboard storage.

- - - Updated - - -

Although, I guess having all that weight on you might not be so realistic either.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I'm asking myself the question "Is it a video game style, or is it a simulator style?"

If it's the latter then, I support the increase of inventory for sake of exploration excursion either without vehicle and or away from vehicle.

One can always dig a hole sideways to escape the rain and use a sleeping bag.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps, this could be a Mark 5 suit that gives 2 rows of component inventory?
    Last edited by Banteel; 10-05-2018 at 07:31 PM. Reason: clarification

Post Thanks / Like
    Only 12? The way I build I would need 200 LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    If only we has an Item Dispenser for materials....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    If only we has an Item Dispenser for materials....
    Wait, what? There is already an Item Dispenser. It attaches to the conveyor system and dispenses components to you while your within it's WiFi area.

This suggestion is for specifically when you go on an excursion either away from the vehicle or away from base while you are completely away from Dispenser WiFi range, so that you can have a stock of comps without interfering with your Invo Loot area that you are likely going to fill on your excursion, is likely why you're out there to begin with is get some materials.

Alternatively, you can put a conveyor system hooked to your Storage Containers that are on your vehicle, then attach a Dispenser to it so you can build stuff while in close range to the vehicle. But again, this only works for close range to either vehicle or base. My idea will open up the playing field for farther away and longer excursions to take place with 12 slots for comps only allowing you not to be so constrained by needing to be within WiFi range all the time.

And I'm only proposing 12 slots just for components because it gives us the option to hold 1 stack of each type of component. I don't want to push for more component slots than that due to carrying so much weight is a bit unrealistic.
    Last edited by Banteel; 12-05-2018 at 10:48 AM. Reason: clarification

Post Thanks / Like
    Thing is, vehicles are mobile, which makes them easy to move. If there was a Material Dispenser, you'd only need to park your vehicle near where you were building to have access to its inventory of materials wirelessly. I dislike the notion of "dedicated inventory slots" because in my mind "If I can put Silicon in that slot, then I should be able to put Frames in that slot" or whatever other excluded item I can think of, because an empty space is an empty space to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    if there were to be dedicated slots i dont think it should be more than 4 because not everybody will be using 12 supplies to build. probably just the basic common ones(frames,plating,MK1 components, glass, mechanical parts, basic electronics) so having 12 slots if you only plan on using 5 or 6 isa waste. better idea and ill make a post for it is to increase the item dispenser range from 12m to 40m like the power