Thread: Mining Machine doesn't fill Containers unless connected by at least 1 piece of Conveyor, while Away.

Post Thanks / Like

Mining Machine doesn't fill Containers unless connected by at least 1 piece of Conveyor, while Away.

For example,
    I have a mining site with 2 Large containers connected to 3 Miner machines, all connected with Conveyor tubes. And I have 2 other sepporite Miners with attached 5 Small Containers stacked directly onto the ports of the Miner. So each of the 2 Miners have no Conveyor piece on them, just 5 stacked small containers right onto the port.

If I sit there at the Mining Site Location, those 2 Miners will fill up normally just like the 2 Large Containers with the conveyors hooked. While at the Site, everything is normal and the 2 sepporite Miners will fill the 5 storage stacks on each one.

Now, If I leave the location to go to somewhere else, like back to base. Only the 2 Large Containers with the Conveyor system will continue to fill it's storage setup. The 2 sepporite Miners with the 5 each small containers attached, will not, I repeat Will Not Fill. They seem to just pause and do nothing the whole time I'm gone.

So I suppose that's a bug. Where systems with no Conveyor blocks stop working at a distance.

Thanks. Good hunting.

- - - Updated - - -

I am now doing a simple Edit to the 2 Miners, by putting 1 conveyor block in between the 5 stack of small storage, to see if that actually is the issue. Since I'm at the mining site right now, I'll know in about half an hour.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know for certain I've build similar rigs - mining rig and directly attached containers, and not encountered this - with the sole exception of one time when I didn't place the container connection point on the mining rig connection point, but rather the base of the container on the mining rig connection point. My fault, with a little help from some scotch and sleep deprivation.

QA Lead (Craneballs)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Banteel View Post
    For example,
    I have a mining site with 2 Large containers connected to 3 Miner machines, all connected with Conveyor tubes. And I have 2 other sepporite Miners with attached 5 Small Containers stacked directly onto the ports of the Miner. So each of the 2 Miners have no Conveyor piece on them, just 5 stacked small containers right onto the port.

If I sit there at the Mining Site Location, those 2 Miners will fill up normally just like the 2 Large Containers with the conveyors hooked. While at the Site, everything is normal and the 2 sepporite Miners will fill the 5 storage stacks on each one.

Now, If I leave the location to go to somewhere else, like back to base. Only the 2 Large Containers with the Conveyor system will continue to fill it's storage setup. The 2 sepporite Miners with the 5 each small containers attached, will not, I repeat Will Not Fill. They seem to just pause and do nothing the whole time I'm gone.

So I suppose that's a bug. Where systems with no Conveyor blocks stop working at a distance.

Thanks. Good hunting.

- - - Updated - - -

I am now doing a simple Edit to the 2 Miners, by putting 1 conveyor block in between the 5 stack of small storage, to see if that actually is the issue. Since I'm at the mining site right now, I'll know in about half an hour.
    Nice catch! We'll check it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    I know for certain I've build similar rigs - mining rig and directly attached containers, and not encountered this - with the sole exception of one time when I didn't place the container connection point on the mining rig connection point, but rather the base of the container on the mining rig connection point. My fault, with a little help from some scotch and sleep deprivation.
    You could be right. Though, I feel like when I'm away from a mining area, it seems to go either half speed or completely stop.
    I still have yet to get back to the mining site to check if the 1 piece of conveyor makes a difference. I'm playing now so I should know soon.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Banteel,

I've tried today building 2 water pumps, one directly connected to a container and the other through one pipe block. Both was mining at the exact same speed, even if I moved to a big distance. But water pump generates water with 100% success, no matter of terrain data. There was a bug that caused other miners to digg at a little bit offset place when not loaded on scene. This might caused different mining probabilities while you were far from the miner. So it was not a problem of attaching container through pipe but rather issue of position of the miner. We've fixed this bug already, so maybe this also helped in your case. We've also modified the conveyor code somehow since you reported the issue.

Could you please confirm, that you still have this problems, or is is fixed now?