Thread: What's up with all the spam-verts?

Post Thanks / Like

What's up with all the spam-verts?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd certainly never purchase a product advertised in a forum. I wouldn't do business with any company that used such advertising tactics, and you don't even want to know what I do to those poor fools that dare to call my phone and try to sell me something... or maybe you do, it is pretty amusing.

But what gives with the sudden mad rush of these around here? Didn't we just get some new forum software? Might just be time to bring on some full-fledged forum moderators.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive always assumed they’re not real ads but links to virus/scam/bot web sites.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdadda06 View Post
    Ive always assumed they’re not real ads but links to virus/scam/bot web sites.
    Possibly, probably. But as a matter of principle, I would not purchase a product or do business with any company that engages in such invasive advertising.

It's one of the reasons why, when I receive telemarketing or robocalls, I always start ordering food. I figure if they're going to waste my time, I might as well return the favor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    Possibly, probably. But as a matter of principle, I would not purchase a product or do business with any company that engages in such invasive advertising.

It's one of the reasons why, when I receive telemarketing or robocalls, I always start ordering food. I figure if they're going to waste my time, I might as well return the favor.
    ill have to try that LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BCP_Labs_YT View Post
    ill have to try that LOL
    Heheheh enjoy! I know I've gotten my fill of fun out of it.. including one 15 minute argument where the poor gal on the receiving end kept insisting she wasn't a waiter and they weren't a pizza shop. But points to her for realizing when I said "You're not? I must have misdialed." she replied "You didn't dial anything, you were called by a computer." to which I had to reply: "Oh, it must be running Windows, that explains why it called the wrong person."