Thread: Vehicle Missing

Post Thanks / Like

Vehicle Missing

It was there last night, when I saved. Today, when I logged in, it was nowhere to be found.

Usually have a little flier parked on the back of my mobile base. Never had it just "wander off" before now.

Save file: http://jmp.sh/4Pb3arJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing it got rubber-banded into orbit by a physics glitch. Had that happen to my flyer on a floating base recently. The fact that I had a solar beacon on it with nav engaged was the only way I knew where it ended up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quite possible. It's not as if I couldn't reconstruct it, but who knows what sort of strange bugs, glitches or mishaps might happen leaving it be - with what I have that passes for luck, it would finally fall down from orbit, only to land right on top of me! lol

QA Lead (Craneballs)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried that save and there is little flier on the groud ... but I guess that is not the one you are looking for right ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a similar save game at the moment.
    I started a new game and started building a car immediately, before building a base.
    So I took the car for a spin a little bit and ended up near a alien artifact.

Unfortunately, there were a lot of animals there that attacked me on sight and so, I died on the car, near my stasis chamber.
    Lucky for me I should think, however on respawning, I couldn;t figure out where I was anymore and getting out of the stasis chamber resulted immediately in death.

So I respawned inside my stasis chamber in my base (just the necessary, no walls) and ran back towards where my character died and where my car would be.
    According to the compas in the top screen, it should be there, however I haven't checked properly if the car would be up or down or just completely vanished, just leaving the beacon to show me where the car would approximately be.
    Why on earth would someone spent all his time in life being a little bit creative, when you can go all the way?

QA Lead (Craneballs)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
    I have a similar save game at the moment.
    I started a new game and started building a car immediately, before building a base.
    So I took the car for a spin a little bit and ended up near a alien artifact.

Unfortunately, there were a lot of animals there that attacked me on sight and so, I died on the car, near my stasis chamber.
    Lucky for me I should think, however on respawning, I couldn;t figure out where I was anymore and getting out of the stasis chamber resulted immediately in death.

So I respawned inside my stasis chamber in my base (just the necessary, no walls) and ran back towards where my character died and where my car would be.
    According to the compas in the top screen, it should be there, however I haven't checked properly if the car would be up or down or just completely vanished, just leaving the beacon to show me where the car would approximately be.
    Can you try saving game near the place where vehicle should be and loading it again ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Goose;

My save is near where the missing vehicle should be - it is normally parked on the back of the large mobile base, and is a small, flat, black craft.

It looks like this:

And that's where it is normally parked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    It was there last night, when I saved. Today, when I logged in, it was nowhere to be found.

Usually have a little flier parked on the back of my mobile base. Never had it just "wander off" before now.

Save file: http://jmp.sh/4Pb3arJ
    I've had similar things happen... in one case the vehicle was apparently either in orbit or inside the planet as I could see the POI indicator on the map but it didn't appear on the HUD and the vehicle was nowhere to be found. In multiple cases, I've had vehicles (and other mobile grids) lose their visibility even though they are still actually there (i.e. a mobile grid which was connected to a fixed grid by conveyor connector lost is visual appearance but the contents were still accessible from the grid array.)

In the later case, reloading the save game made the missing objects reappear.