Thread: Speed Run Challenge - Cast Your Votes

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Speed Run Challenge - Cast Your Votes

For anyone interested I will be doing a speed run live stream this Sunday May 6th starting at 10am PDT(-8UTC) on YouTube.
    There was mention of PN only having 45 minutes of content in a post and we all know it has alot more. I read that and I thought that would be a really good challenge not only to see if it could be done in 45 minutes but to see how long it would really take.
    My goal is to build every block once including generators and transportation and to have all top tier gear.
    I will be doing this on a default planet with no customizations.
    Fell free to make your guesses below(how far in 45 minutes/how long to finish).
    The link to my channel is here
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVtOGkbfFdFdwvCydUYLGPg
    and I will also post a direct link here when the stream has started.
    Hope to see you all there.

- BC

PS If someone could remove that other thread that would be great
    Last edited by BCP_Labs_YT; 02-05-2018 at 06:10 AM.

QA Lead (Craneballs)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BCP_Labs_YT View Post
    PS If someone could remove that other thread that would be great
    removed ;)

Don't know if I will make it to stream but I will definitely watch it later on youtube

Post Thanks / Like
    Any ideas for using as the seed like 404?

Post Thanks / Like
    Considering the time it may take to find a modest supply of xaenite .... I doubt it'll be over at the 45m mark.

If I may make a suggestion, however? Don't just build everything only once. Build a useful number of each thing, with "one" being the minimum.

So, here's what I would suggest as a to-build list.

(A) Small wheeled vehicle. Four wheels on light suspensions, two (or more) Compact Containers for cargo, two (or more) headlights. Early "Scout Car".

(B) Larger wheeled vehicle. Six or more wheels, at least eight compact containers for cargo, plenty of lights. Longer-ranged "Expedition Truck".

(C) Small flyer. Four to six Small Air Blades, three (or more) compact containers for cargo. Fast Scout Flyer.

(D) Medium Hover. Six to eight Hover Rings, five to ten Cmpact Containers (or one Large Container). Heavy, all-terrain Expedition Truck.

(E) Medium Boat (floating foundations, driven by some hover pads for-and-aft) with a "helipad" space to carry the Small Flyer - specifically built in a larger body of water.

(F) Fully functional home base. All the bells and whistles, at least one of each bigger/advanced crafting machine (possibly multiples - one FAD for water, one for actual food, for example; enough 3DPs to not have to sleep-wait repeatedly to have the parts you need).

(G) One mining station for each Ore, plus at least one pumping station for Water (if it's not built in to your base).

(H) Fully functional flying Mobile Base, with one of each Medium crafting station, at least 200 stacks' worth of cargo space, and parking room for at least one of the above vehicles (probably NOT the boat, lol).

(I) BONUS RULE #1: you can't deconstruct any of these items, for any reason _except_ "it fell down a hole and I can't get it out, so I need to rebuild it on the surface". So once the materials are tied up in a vehicle, they're essentially "gone" as far as building other stuff goes.

(J) BONUS RULE #2: Do it all without disassembling your Escape Pod. Not even a little. ^_^

(K) BONUS RULE #3: also build one of your movable-cargo-pod systems, for all those remote mines. And a large, not-a-base flyer to transport them around the planet.

It's at that point that I'd consider the game "done", in the sense of "anything else I do is just for lulz and giggles".

Post Thanks / Like
    In a 45min speed run I predict no Xaenite upgrades, no gold, 1 vehicle accident/flip, and 1 death.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Viking View Post
    In a 45min speed run I predict no Xaenite upgrades, no gold, 1 vehicle accident/flip, and 1 death.
    so far that seems the most accurate.

but as far as my goals i do not plan on doing any building other than transport. im not finding the monuments as that could take awhile. and this will be a default planet size with hostile plants and animals. i will not adjust any other setting. all the resources i aquire will be by hand not by dismantling anything, not even stray wrecks. i will allow myself to sleep to past time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don;t think it can be done in 45 minutes with stock sized world. The time killer is travelling to the places where Xeanite lurks. You either need to find lots of boulders...or... hit lucky and get a mine going.

I reckon you can save time with a mobile base with drills on it, so you don;t need to waste time with resource gathering. Goping to have to all feed together. Should be interesting to watch

Post Thanks / Like
    Could get very lucky and have one or more Alien Wrecks near spawn that provide Xaenite and Titanium, so Xaenite upgrades could be possible - or if the spawn point is near enough to the equator, it may be possible to find Xaenite and Gold without much trouble.

I might just have to take this challenge myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    thats true but i will not be using any wrecks or loot. all has to be gathered personally. heading south first might be best as i will need aluminum and cobalt

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, I like it... Standard world, hardcore building mode (no salvaging, just mining and building). That should be quite a live stream!

I'd never make it. I have way too much gaming ADHD, I get distracted and focus on perfecting something that doesn't work right, or "hey I wonder what's on the other side of that mountain?" syndrome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrmithrax View Post
    Ah, I like it... Standard world, hardcore building mode (no salvaging, just mining and building). That should be quite a live stream!

I'd never make it. I have way too much gaming ADHD, I get distracted and focus on perfecting something that doesn't work right, or "hey I wonder what's on the other side of that mountain?" syndrome.
    Familiar with Ahsquirrel Syndrome myself lol

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    going live in a few minutes
    hers a direct link
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVt...CydUYLGPg/live

Post Thanks / Like
    After 2 hours i found myself in the frozen north with all my progress sitting at the bottom of a lake on the brink of death. i was able to start making my first hover pad when i realized i ran out of iron and carbon. it was a good 2 hour stream and i thank everyone that attended
    here is the video if anyone would like to watch it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdrlTQI1OWU

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice try, BC.
    It just shows some people can’t tell time or have no idea of what makes up content.

i would say bad things happen when you rush in PN, but I was not rushing last night when I teleported to a new monument without any alien fuel cells on me!

Post Thanks / Like
    luv'd the vid, just goes to prove that there is way more than 45mins to get even the most basics in PN.

Great effort BCP, Newer players could learn a lot from this vid.

Completing all tasks must take days even if not weeks of gametime. So say all of us. lol

Thanks BCP

Happy nomading