Thread: Hit and run isn't a noteworthy killer?

Post Thanks / Like

Hit and run isn't a noteworthy killer?

Low Priority - 0.8.12.1

Whilst doing a salvage run to a crash site in my flying car, I found a godillo nest and 5 godillos next to the crash site. They weren't particularly pleased to see me and the usual rock hurling etc. happened. I got back into my car and ran them over one at a time. 5 kills that left bodies I could loot for raw meat and biomass.

One thing I did notice is that I was not awarded a journal entry regarding godillos. It was only later in the game when I killed one with my multitool (after building a kill box above its nest) that I finally received the journal entry on godillos. Does the game not count a kill with a vehicle or was the "add to journal function" not updated to reflect this when vehicles were added?

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct - creatures killed by running over or (personal favorite) dropping heavy objects on them from above do not count as kills. Only kills with a multi-tool or defensive rifle will generate a journal entry.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the sound of dropping heavy objects on them from above!
    That said, a kill is a kill and given the size of these things, I don't think we turned them into an indecipherable pavement pizza! As a few nudges at 15km/h or under seems to kill, I'm pretty sure we could get a decent autopsy from one if needed even after it bounced off the cockpit of my buggy. Cause of death is likely to be internal bleeding, collapsed chest cavity or cranial haemorrhage. Compared to burning holes in them, which is what I presume the multitool does, the amount of examinable material should be the same or more and thus result in a journal entry.

Post Thanks / Like
    my favorite is hanging a large container hanging from my loader and using it as a battering ram LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have to post a picture of one of my favorite vehicles. It is my current hit-and-run champion.

Of course, you CAN ram a critter until you see it looking seriously injured, then hop out and finish it with a multi-tool or rifle for the kill credit (journal entry).

I'm also working on a secret project, that, if I can make work the way it does it my head, will be video palladium.