Thread: Suspension strength and winch strength

Post Thanks / Like

Suspension strength and winch strength

Some findings of me, for the people who are interested.

Operating weight range of small suspension: low pressure 0-800, medium pressure 800-5000, high pressure 5000-15000.
    Operating weight range of big suspension: low pressure 0-4800, medium pressure 4800-15000, high pressure 15000-35000.

Winch pulling strength average around 780.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be interested to see how you tested and found those numbers... especially the winch test environment.
    When the suspension enters into limitation, does the wheel stops pushing the vehicle too?

Regarding the which pulling strength I noticed that a hinge will make it very weak. I suspended a 1x1x7 inner wall block using 8 winches. The winch shackles were attached to hinges on that inner wall.
    But I didn't tried to see what the maximum lift a winch has is it is attached directly to a weight, or to see if the pulling force changes with distance.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is how I tested:

Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff to know. I'd like to find the lifting capacity of the hover pad, small and large air blades as well. Curious to see what numbers you come up with if you opt to test these.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Menzagitat View Post
    I would be interested to see how you tested and found those numbers... especially the winch test environment.
    When the suspension enters into limitation, does the wheel stops pushing the vehicle too?
    I put the suspension upside down on my base wall and started stacking blocks on the suspension until it stopped going down and was horizontale and then i looked at the mass of the total block. With those numbers, I started testing the winch. Same setup plus a winch on the floor witch was connected to the suspension pulling it downwards. Suspension max weight capacity minus mass of attached blocks is pulling power of the winch.

I do not think that the limitation of the suspension has a affect on the wheels pushing power. What can happen is that a wheel no longer touches the ground and therefore you lose traction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    Good stuff to know. I'd like to find the lifting capacity of the hover pad, small and large air blades as well. Curious to see what numbers you come up with if you opt to test these.
    Small fan can lift 640# not counting weight of the fan.Lg fan can lift 12k# but slow 10k# really good.vid of the Lg fan.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOKZS7UdYJ0
    didn't test hovers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    I finally tested the hover pad and came with lifting capacity of 1700 kg, and a max lifting height of 4 blocks or 2 meters. So you probably lose 1 cm lifting height every 8,5 kg.
    Can't wait to see what the big hover pads will do