Thread: Slow Kickstarter Updates

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Slow Kickstarter Updates

Guys I appreciate the updates, but I don't think the kickstarter backers as a whole are able to do the same. You post updates on this site, and on indiedb, but the slow updates on kickstarter doesn't seem a fair deal. Also many people cannot register or reset their password on the forums, and thus unable to contribute.

Perhaps you should have a communications person to help with dealing with this kinda thing. I mean how hard is it to copy and paste the latest (might I add excellent) updates to Kickstarter?

Might I also add that you have to remember that some of these backers are first time backers, or not regular gamers, so would not know to look at your site, or indiedb and similar sites for the faster updates on the games progress.

Please keep this in mind when you do updates, as most of your backers will depend on Kickstarter for updates, not your site, or indiedb. Thanks

PS: When will the wallpapers be released, and thank you again.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Azirahael's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    why not just cut and paste the posts?

I figure anyone who really cares will come here and look around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Noted, we'll try and get the next blog posts on the KS page too

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey korefuji,

Thanks for your input on this. I try to put original content between the three sites, and decided to space things out - frequent and regular updates on our site/blog, which I often mention on all the other channels (KS, IndieDB, newsletters).

Then it's KS/IndieDB (which in my mind are both on the same level, although looking at updates, KS receives more than IndieDB).
    On those two I only post the major(ish) updates as to not feel spammy. The updates are currently centered around the Nomadic Journals, so the frequency is once per month.

The reasoning behind all this is that most people are

1/ subscribed to KS updates,
    2/ follow us on Twitter,
    3/ like the FB page,
    4/ are in the FB Advisors,
    5/ Check Trello,
    6/ Check Forum,
    7/ Check for new blog post every other Thursday,
    (links are on the website and also here.)

and blasting the same content over and over on all of them just doesn't feel right.

BUT I might be wrong (and I wouldn't mind that) so if more people feel like the "copy & paste and blast it everywhere you can" approach is the better one, I might start doing that some more.

As for the help, there's plenty of ways to reach me, so I can help with registrations, passwords and anything really.

My e-mail is on the website,l (it's daniel @ planet - nomads . com), they can hit the Contact Us form on the forum, send a message on Kickstarter, on Twitter, FB. We're here for everyone.

PS: The link to wallpapers went out with a newsletter on KS, I believe, but I'm resending it to you via PM.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    well, it would mean that if we knew that the content was the same everywhere, we could just read one chosen forum, rather than having to dredge them all, just to get all the details.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Azirahael View Post
    well, it would mean that if we knew that the content was the same everywhere, we could just read one chosen forum, rather than having to dredge them all, just to get all the details.
    True dat. Let me think this over.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Azirahael View Post
    Agree with this. It's nice that you want to create original content for each site/resource, but it makes the task of finding that information 5 times harder if it's in different locations. If I know I'm getting the same content everywhere, then I can pick one site I frequent most and voila, I have all the information at my disposal.

What you outlined is a very arduous process, and I think it needs to be streamlined to

1) reduce clutter
    2) disseminate the same information everywhere
    3) not to confuse users on where to obtain said information

The worst scenario I can think of is that you end up splitting a community rather than uniting it one place - that is, everyone is practically subbed to the KS updates, few to indiedb, I don't even have a FBook, I don't follow you guys on twitter (didn't even know you guys were on there) and so on. You may be leaving people who don't sub to ks updates, out in the cold as it were, by having information in places they wouldn't have thought about checking.

It's not always bad to repeat information, especially if it's getting to a wider audience and not just a select few.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    just watched a video i never saw before: all about suit customisation.
    Can't remember where i saw it now :(

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Harrison's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that was one of the KS updates during the campaign, later put in one devblog post.
    -Raoul Duke