Thread: Auto-Run: Extend Function

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Auto-Run: Extend Function

Auto-Run is nice when on foot, except traveling on foot is only so nice.

Can this function be extended to vehicles as well? It would be incredibly useful for aerial vehicles, especially slow-moving ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will of-course try to make vehicles to auto-move, and leave them and see if I cam make them move without a driver
    People say there was a bug long time ago which allowed to control vehicles remotely.

QA Lead (Craneballs)
    Post Thanks / Like
    This feature is planned... in the meantime try this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Thanks Goose - I actually use something like that, but with a diamond ring instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I found this years ago, in a parking lot. I did not realize at the time it was a +5 Ring of Automove

And yes, I have cats. Fortunately the largest of them does not jump up on anything. You'll have to ask to see that one though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know we've had this suggestion in a few places, a few different ways... Like "cruise control" was one way that someone put it, I believe. I currently get around it with my programmable gaming mouse - I have one button that toggles between holding W and off. But that's not ideal, it's a workaround. I also have another workaround that I've used, which I'll mention in moment.

I'm like the OP, I'd prefer to see an autorun function that works both on foot and in vehicle. It's the most universal fix that will benefit the widest audience. But, to be honest, the thing I'd love more than anything else would be to have analog control of the throttle. As I mentioned above, I have another workaround I use for auto run driving - I have my HOTAS flight stick setup programmed to press W when the throttle is pushed forward, S when it's pulled back. It works pretty well, but it really makes me want to have the ability to adjust my throttle with true analog, rather than the binary on/off we have now. And, of course, having that capability for the other axis of motion would be icing on the cake there, but... That's my wish

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrmithrax View Post
    I know we've had this suggestion in a few places, a few different ways... Like "cruise control" was one way that someone put it, I believe. I currently get around it with my programmable gaming mouse - I have one button that toggles between holding W and off. But that's not ideal, it's a workaround. I also have another workaround that I've used, which I'll mention in moment.

I'm like the OP, I'd prefer to see an autorun function that works both on foot and in vehicle. It's the most universal fix that will benefit the widest audience. But, to be honest, the thing I'd love more than anything else would be to have analog control of the throttle. As I mentioned above, I have another workaround I use for auto run driving - I have my HOTAS flight stick setup programmed to press W when the throttle is pushed forward, S when it's pulled back. It works pretty well, but it really makes me want to have the ability to adjust my throttle with true analog, rather than the binary on/off we have now. And, of course, having that capability for the other axis of motion would be icing on the cake there, but... That's my wish
    I wouldn't mind HOTAS controls and VR support and SBS-3d as well - but I'll gladly take those as "Down The Road" options, circa version 2.2, as there are some more pressing matters to be designed and developed, implemented, tested, fixed, hotfixed, patched and debugged first!

Post Thanks / Like
    Even a pseudo-analog throttle option would be nice. If we could toggle modes, and then tapping W would increment and hold a forward speed, S would decrement until back to zero, then continue incrementing reverse speeds. That type of system would give us a little throttle control while also satisfying the auto-run suggestion.

But, I would make that type of throttle control an option we could easily toggle. It'll be useful in most cases, but not so much when trying to do some fine scale maneuvers in a flyer, for example (speaking from experience in dealing with other flyer games that had this type of incremental throttle).

Post Thanks / Like
    The right tool for the job. A screw-"driver"
    Attached Images Attached Images