Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planet Nomads suffers from the usual "Nothing else to do" issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I get your point.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BCP_Labs_YT View Post
    We all know the last thing CB wants is me to add anything to the game. They want players to explore and have fun. Not refund the game because something I made breaks the game or kills them.
    I have to say that I don't see a connection between your creations and players asking for refunds. Yes, you've uncovered a LOT of unusual, even esoteric, bugs in your Youtube videos but frankly your projects are usually of such scale that very few players will actually invest the time and effort to recreate them and those that will are already so invested in the game that a death or freaky broken creation isn't going to deter them.

The more likely impact (and I'm speaking from personal experience) is that your viewers will be inspired by some portion of your creations to see the potential of the game and continue playing.

If my vote counts, I'm all for Craneballs incorporating some of your ideas and creations into the game!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wish we had some inkling of When Something New Is Coming. :-)
    The anticipation is agonizing! lol

But CB has done such a good job so far... definitely don't want them to rush anything either.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Azirahael's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the story and startup is next on the list, if the blog is to be believed.

Post Thanks / Like
    To me, what differentiates this game is the story. Figuring out what the mysteries of the planet is and why everyone disappeared is very alluring. After playing Space Engineers for a long time, I found this game a welcome breath of fresh air. There is something to do besides mining and building. I sincerely hope that they focus development on the campaign. Maybe there could be different story arcs. Maybe you could unlock alien tech if you do certain things or build a ship to escape or start a colony. There is so much potential here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the game Xaosmaster!
    Bring the other Space Engineers too...
    The story will be continued in two stages.
    This was posted today on the Steam forum:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/50405...89520005941835

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaosmaster View Post
    To me, what differentiates this game is the story. Figuring out what the mysteries of the planet is and why everyone disappeared is very alluring. After playing Space Engineers for a long time, I found this game a welcome breath of fresh air. There is something to do besides mining and building. I sincerely hope that they focus development on the campaign. Maybe there could be different story arcs. Maybe you could unlock alien tech if you do certain things or build a ship to escape or start a colony. There is so much potential here.
    I prefer survival with immersion provided with different elements like story or random events like storms and disasters (not often and not to cause pain)
    I want to ask something and maybe you know the answer. I will post the other thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to imagine it's me lost on a world. What would I do if there were no other people and no way off it. Well I'd either set my own goals, or I'd lie down and starve to death or I could wander aimlessly and go stark staring mad. So my current playthrough has me able to go where ever I choose, and know when I return my base will allow me to build whatever I choose. Now I set my exploration goals, what do I want to find, how will I move around and wether or not I intend to set up bases along the way. This picks my vehicle, or if I need to build a new vehicle. I can play for hours this way. Finding reasons to explore is to me as much what the game is about as needing to explore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverenddel View Post
    I like to imagine it's me lost on a world. What would I do if there were no other people and no way off it. Well I'd either set my own goals, or I'd lie down and starve to death or I could wander aimlessly and go stark staring mad. So my current playthrough has me able to go where ever I choose, and know when I return my base will allow me to build whatever I choose. Now I set my exploration goals, what do I want to find, how will I move around and wether or not I intend to set up bases along the way. This picks my vehicle, or if I need to build a new vehicle. I can play for hours this way. Finding reasons to explore is to me as much what the game is about as needing to explore.
    The problem is, at the mo, there's no reason to explore.
    Once you have locations for all the elements, and mines set up, that's it.

Even the monuments only provide monetary distraction.
    And the teleportation is cool, but why do you need it?

What's on the other side? More procedural terrain? And?

I'd suggest that the more advanced minerals come in smaller, more common packets. So once they are mined, you have to keep moving.

But yeah, even that needs a reason. Otherwise, once you have a base with green houses, some resources and lots of solar, you are done.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is impossible for a game to provide an infinite amount of content.

ALL games eventuually have a [THE END] moment. Some are just less blatant about it than others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by _Pax_ View Post
    It is impossible for a game to provide an infinite amount of content.

ALL games eventuually have a [THE END] moment. Some are just less blatant about it than others.
    And if the game had a goal, an end, you'd have a point. But this is like being trapped on a desert island for eternity.
    At some point, you get bored, and kill yourself. Or in game terms, hang up the game and forget about it.

At least with a goal, when you are ready, you can finish the game.
    And then maybe, play again later.

But on a game with no goal, what's the point?
    And what are the guns for?

Post Thanks / Like
    I partially agree with Azirahael. I believe that the developers should focus on the game itself. What the point is, developing the story, etc. Some sort of endgame scenario. Something to work towards. If the developers focus only on the building aspect, than this game will become vaporware. There are 50+ games that exist already that have had a lot longer to develop the building aspect. PN is very infantile in that regard. They need to do things that others aren't in order to survive.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dare to suggest the idea of every segment of the world (think like orange segments) having exactly the same elements/ores is what keeps people to a narrow area? I understand if some ores are too difficult to find people could give up for that, but I do think it's a little too easy atm. As soon as you find a section of ground with the ore you put down a mine and get unlimited resource amounts.

I love to explore and especially love to explore on foot, using the 'tool' to gather resources. This is made harder to do. Animals nests, aggressive plants, weather, all prevent this kind of exploration and push you into a vehicle. Then big holes in the ground force you to take to the air. There appears to be no way to avoid the holes, the need to fly or drive, and sooner rather than later. Why force us to rush it? It would be great to take the game a more leisurely pace and spend more time on foot. My opinion for what it's worth.