Thread: We Need 2 more Conveyors

Post Thanks / Like

We Need 2 more Conveyors

I know I do, but I'm sure nearly everyone else has run into or will run into a situation where you really need one of the "missing" conveyor pieces:

1. The "Corner" Conveyor, a 3-way conveyor that resembles the "L" conveyor, but has a 3rd connection on the other axis, resembling the corner of a cube.

2. The "4-Way Bent" Conveyor, similar to the "Corner" Conveyor, but with 4 connection, basically a "T" connector, but with the 4th connection on the other axis.

As a bonus, a 5-way connector wouldn't be a complete loss either. Sometimes 6 connection points are too much, but I can live with an unused 6th connection point way easier than not having a "Corner" or "4-way Bent" connector.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to use that new 6 way connector block for all of the corners situations you mentioned above. Aesthetically it's not as appealing as having smooth conveyors with no open ports jutting out, but the extra connections have proven useful more than a few times - I've found myself needing to expand my conveyor line, and having a readily available tap has been a life saver so I don't have to completely destroy my conveyor line and rebuild part by part to make sure everything is connected. I've also been known to just throw a wireless dispenser on those open ports, just for extra coverage when I'm renovating

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrmithrax View Post
    I tend to use that new 6 way connector block for all of the corners situations you mentioned above. Aesthetically it's not as appealing as having smooth conveyors with no open ports jutting out, but the extra connections have proven useful more than a few times - I've found myself needing to expand my conveyor line, and having a readily available tap has been a life saver so I don't have to completely destroy my conveyor line and rebuild part by part to make sure everything is connected. I've also been known to just throw a wireless dispenser on those open ports, just for extra coverage when I'm renovating
    I've used the 6-way for this on occasion - but there have been a few times where it's been nearly impossible to actually place it, as it wants to "stick" to something in its surroundings, rather than to the rest of the lines, and this has caused a few broken conveyor situations. There's nothing quite like crossing hot, dry, godillo-infested wilderness to get back to your base, open a storage box and go "Now where are those new mining rigs?" only to realize that they're not in the collection because the 6-way gang is stuck to a ceiling tile you jammed in the corner to have something to stand on while you welded, instead of the lines it's supposed to be attached to - or removing that ceiling tile because you're done and watching a 6-way gang fall a few hundred meters down a shaft.... :-)

Love this game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha wow yes that could really make a person cranky! I sort of learned the hard way that it's sometimes better to remove the walls and ceiling around your conveyor system when you are building it, then add them back in when you are done. Luckily structural integrity isn't an issue, so removing a load-bearing wall temporarily is no big thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    ... and watching a 6-way gang fall a few hundred meters down a shaft.... :-)
    I would have loved to see your reaction in a YouTube video

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Menzagitat View Post
    I would have loved to see your reaction in a YouTube video
    If I recall, it was a sort of twisted half-smirk followed by "... ... You've GOT to be kidding me."

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha then you're a better person than I. My reaction probably would have been more along the lines of turning green as my shirt rips and yelling "Hulk smash!" before going on a minor rampage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrmithrax View Post
    Haha then you're a better person than I. My reaction probably would have been more along the lines of turning green as my shirt rips and yelling "Hulk smash!" before going on a minor rampage.
    LOL I stopped doing that when I discovered how much it cost to Hulk Smash.

Though I am still prone to bouts of uttering sequences of words and phrases that offend drunken sailors and make the devil cover his ears.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Vrmithrax. If you don't mind the un-essthetics, I use the 6 way connector for close connector turns like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the ultimate solution is to add another set of blocks, that have all the combinations of connectors. So that the esthetics of having one or more sides with no port on it, works in all occasions because all options will be there. Where as right now, as you pointed out, it is not there, yet.
    Last edited by Banteel; 10-05-2018 at 07:09 PM. Reason: misstyped some word

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Banteel View Post
    I agree with Vrmithrax. If you don't mind the un-essthetics, I use the 6 way connector for close connector turns like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the ultimate solution is to add another set of blocks, that have all the combinations of connectors. So that the esthetics of having one or more sides with no port on it, works in all occasions because all options will be there. Where as right now, as you pointed out, it is not there, yet.
    The funny looking 3-way and 4-way would pretty much take care of all of those needs, as remember, we can rotate the X, Y and Z axis of objects. I suppose if you wanted to cover all possible contingencies, a 5-way connector would complete all of the possibilities.