Thread: Suggestion: Terminal Gangs

Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion: Terminal Gangs

Recently started messing with Terminals, very potentially useful, but there is something they are lacking just slightly - the ability to "gang" functions together, unless I've just missed it somewhere.

What would this be useful for? Let's say you've got a number of air blades on a vehicle, and you normally set them to Grounded, so the vehicle doesn't wander off. But somewhere along the way you want to switch them to Hover instead. You can toggle them, either from the blade or from a Terminal, one at a time. Not exactly helpful if you want to make this change in mid-flight. But if we could gang these together, so that one toggle would switch the modes of all the air blades at the same time, it would be great.

I'm sure there are/will be many other uses and times being able to toggle 2 or more things at the same time would be extremely helpful as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    There a filters at the top of the terminal pop-up screen, so you can select hover pads only.
    It would be nice if you could select all in area or all on the same grid.
    So a terminal on a vehicle parked on a mobile base would only see the blocks connected to the vehicle.

and I think it would great if we could get a terminal that only see things directly connected to its’ switchboard, so say you have a vehicle with 10 batteries and 10 solar panels, you look at the terminal and see 10 batteries and only 8 solar panels are connected to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Viking View Post
    There a filters at the top of the terminal pop-up screen, so you can select hover pads only.
    It would be nice if you could select all in area or all on the same grid.
    So a terminal on a vehicle parked on a mobile base would only see the blocks connected to the vehicle.

and I think it would great if we could get a terminal that only see things directly connected to its’ switchboard, so say you have a vehicle with 10 batteries and 10 solar panels, you look at the terminal and see 10 batteries and only 8 solar panels are connected to it.
    Yep, I'm aware of the filters, and use them. But... take a large flying craft up the flight ceiling, jump out of your cockpit, run to a terminal, filter it, and set your air blades to "Hover" before you hit the ground. It can be a real challenge! Or set your hover pads to "Hover" while over deep water and try to switch them all before you sink. Again, can be quite the challenge.