Thread: Earth Roller - Rotator Block

Post Thanks / Like

Earth Roller - Rotator Block

So I'm tinkering with a build, trying to make an earth roller, and while I can get it to ALMOST work, where I run into a problem is with the rotator blocks.

I reasoned the easiest way to build something like this would be to construct the outer frame where the roller would mount, build the central shaft of the roller as 1x1 armor blocks, across the frame, and end with a rotator, build the roller, remove one of the 1x1 blocks on the opposite side and replace it with another rotator.

Doesn't seem to attach the way I thought it should.

So I tried the hard way - put both rotators on the inside of the frame, stick the 1x1's across and.. the last one won't line up for the other rotator to attach.

Built a few 1x1's from both ends, figured they'd meet in the middle and.. one side or the other won't attach. Blocks will meet in the middle, but are treated separately.

Is this simply an issue with rotators or have I happened on something that can 't/shouldn't be done?

Post Thanks / Like
    The game works with "grids"; a Rotator or Hinge starts a NEW "grid" that is tied positionally to the old "grid".

And, they cannot connect back to an existing "grid". :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by _Pax_ View Post
    The game works with "grids"; a Rotator or Hinge starts a NEW "grid" that is tied positionally to the old "grid".

And, they cannot connect back to an existing "grid". :(
    Well...[stuff]... guess I'm just going to have to get full-blown creative here.. I guess I can build half of the roller without one center block, and attach that center block to the other half of the roller, and force it to look like one solid piece.. tongue-and-groove style. What a pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    yup...that is a pain. It's why I can't build tracks with lots of pivot blocks. You can make a track...but you can never close the loop