Thread: Suggestion: Aquatic Life +

Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion: Aquatic Life +

I know there are plans to add some new creatures already, at least one I believe is in-the-works right now.

But what I'm thinking here is a little different. We have these stick nests and odd-conic nests of annoying bee-creatures that suck the water out of us already, and the bee-things are little more than particle systems from what I can tell.

Can we add something similar under water? There are a number of interesting coral-like shapes often seen protruding from the water, or under the water. Could one of these be adapted to serve as the visible emitter for a school of small fish-like particle-creatures?

I would suggest 2 varieties, one a nice blue shade, that just swirl about, the way the bee-things do, but under water. They would be harmless, but make the waters seem not-so-lifeless*.

The second, a bright red, and dangerous, like the bee-things, but perhaps draining our hunger rather than water.

* If possible to gather under water, without gathering the water, perhaps these "friendly" hives could be harvested for Meat, in the same way fire-fly bushes, plants and trees are harvested for fruit and herbs?

Post Thanks / Like
    When I just read title I was going to post that they should not try to compete with Subnautica, but after reading the full post I like this idea.

I’m envisioning underwater versions of fruit plants, but they have meat from small fish it traps instead of fruit.
    It would be a little more work, but for them the meat symbol should be a fish.

And your dangerous bee/plants draining hunger is prefect.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's actually a wonderful idea.
    I think it could be implemented real easily and o give the world just that little extra oomph to make it more lively.

Hell yeah, can we have this
    Why on earth would someone spent all his time in life being a little bit creative, when you can go all the way?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to maybe also see some aquatic plant life, that is harvestable for seeds, fruit, etc.

Resource "lumps" and other minable boulders.

Basically, any reason at all to ever go below the surface of the water other than "my truck doesn't float" and "oops, I fell in".

Post Thanks / Like
    The game should also add entries in the PDA, to clarify maybe, that those swimming things do not suck the food out of our stomach

- - - Updated - - -

However, when I play some farming games and I wait for grain to be harvested and processed into bread, and the hunters to bring meat... I get hungry in real life

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Menzagitat View Post
    The game should also add entries in the PDA, to clarify maybe, that those swimming things do not suck the food out of our stomach
    I'd actually like to see PDA entries for things like those bee-creatures, perhaps generated the first time we burn one of their stick hives, or that strange pile of sticks that spit radioactive poison at us - what the hades are those anyways? Aside from annoying.

"I'm very good at intergal and differential calculus,
    "I know the scientific names of being anamalculous.
    "In short in matters vegetable, animal and mineral,
    "I am the very model of a modern Major General."

And I have no idea what these things are!

Post Thanks / Like
    dreaming about caves... I miss 0.6.13
    https://youtu.be/1WCiXU7C1aU?t=1278