Thread: Angry creatures can walk through walls

Post Thanks / Like

Angry creatures can walk through walls

This has happened to me a few times now with both Cerbul and Godillos.

Scenario

A creature chases me so I run/jetpack into my base and make sure the door is shut behind me (no auto doors here).

Expected result

The creature has a closed door/wall/windowed wall separating the two of us. The creature can't get through it, so either loses interest and leaves or waits outside for me to re-emerge.

Actual result

Through a series of clipping errors, the creature slowly walks through the wall/corner piece/windowed wall/closed door and proceeds to attack me. In event of the creature killing me, the creature seems to then be unable to leave the room through the wall.

Repeatability

You'll need a base pretty close to a nest to trigger this one easily. Doesn't need to be right on top of the nest but within the distance you can connect electricity. That said, with a little provocation by shooting them a little now and then, some creatures will follow you for further than normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my first godillo kill with a grade 1 Multitool this way - stupid thing clipped through my base after hurling boulders at me for a few minutes. Fortunately, my base has a front and back door. I ducked out the back, came around the front, opened the door, watched a minute as it tried to run through the wall and my armory, and proceeded to multitool it to death - which took forever.

Building on this, now that I operate out of a mobile base, Godillos love to hide under it and can shake it and try to flip it. Weighing in at well over 50,000 they haven't managed to actually flip it yet, but they bounce and shake it really well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this out as well in Creative Mode.

I tried to build a type of mobile room, my theory was that I fly over a nest, land this "room" around the nest then I'm safe.

It didn't go according to plan....

As soon as I landed the cerbul was attacking me, it tried to follow me in, got stuck in the door way, then I was trapped in a small room with an angry cerbul :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine that.

The animals are to dumb to walk up a hill, but they are smart enough to squeeze themselves inside a base.
    And then they turn dumb enough again not to be able to get out.

Weird animals on foreign planets
    Why on earth would someone spent all his time in life being a little bit creative, when you can go all the way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Godillos make fun of us. When they talk to each-other, they say: "Look, that ET guy made a trap and entered by himself in it."
    This is like rain inside the buildings, which is a fix being planned for 2018. For sure we get this behavior fixed too, before they add the damage to vehicles and buildings.

Post Thanks / Like
    "some kind of automatic defense gun turrets" could also solve the problem