Thread: Ok BCP Labs - I Want to See You Build...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok BCP Labs - I Want to See You Build...

A Transformer - I'd love to see you pull off a classic "Car turns into giant robot" build.

I'm still reeling from the Spider, but I figure if it can be done, you'd be the one to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    that idea has crossed my mind but with the scale it would have to done on to work in the mechanics like hover pad motors and springs it would be a challenge for sure. im sure i could do it but it would be as big as a building. but i hear we could be getting powered blocks in the near future to make things easier. ive also heard that moving to new unity is still happening which could prevent from things going wrong, and they always do when you use multiple hinges and rotors. but ill give it a shot. a "stasis" jack would make it easier ;)

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad JUNKASAURUS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    A Transformer - I'd love to see you pull off a classic "Car turns into giant robot" build.

I'm still reeling from the Spider, but I figure if it can be done, you'd be the one to do it.

Hi Indigo.

This is the kind of things that BCP Labs and I really want to build. But the game is lacking one KEY feature, KEY BINDING. In the game right now you cannot bind specific keys to turn on or turn off parts.

So let's say you wanted to make your transformer walk, you need one key for the left leg and one key for the right leg. Or you can make one key for one motor that alternates a timed movement for both legs. This can be done in the game right now (kinda). The problem arises if you wanted also to be able to move your transformer's arms, shoot projectiles, and perform other functions. Right now you would have to step out of the cockpit, turn off the legs terminal and then turn on the arms terminal, very unintuitive. Therefore, you cannot "simultaneously" perform tasks. I have a mecha all planed out and ready to be built, but without a proper key binding mechanism, the mecha becomes annoying to use.

The other issue is clipping issues. Depending on how fast a part is travelling and how much force is applied to it, one block will pass through another potentially breaking your mecha. Since mechas are constructed with gears and timing mechanisms, this would result in broken legs, broken arms, broken backs. We don't want these casualties, now do we?

The last issue is parts binding. Sometimes, hinges and rotors bind, they get stuck in a position and will no longer move/rotate. Happened to my mecha's arm one time and I could not move it afterwards.

I know your challenge is to BCP labs. Him and I discussed building mechas many times. He is waiting for keybinding also.

Here is what can be constructed right now. The rest I will post it later.

Last edited by JUNKASAURUS; 12-04-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNKASAURUS View Post
    ... But the game is lacking one KEY feature, KEY BINDING. In the game right now, you cannot bind specific keys to turn on or turn off parts....
    The roadmap states that we will get in 2018 this feature:

Quote Originally Posted by Menzagitat View Post
    Vehicle Controls
    • a terminal in each cockpit - you will be able to control all vehicle functions without going outside
    • possibility to move buttons from the terminal into the new vehicle hotbar. (For instance you can move light switch to first hotbar slot and then turn your lights on or off just by pressing key "1")

What I understand is that in this example picture, I can drag that "wheel - backward direction" button onto the 4th hotbar, 6th slot.
    And then I will be able to change the direction of the wheel from within the cockpit.
    We will have 10 hotbars in the vehicle too, right?
    Would be nice to receive a confirmation if I understand correctly.
    Last edited by Menzagitat; 12-04-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    O.K. BCP Labs - I want to see you build…

a Large vehicle or tram controlled by switchboards, instead of cockpit.
    Actually I have been wanted to try and build one, but I heard we could be getting a power rotators and/or hinges and decided to want.
    P.S. the way you raised and lowered the weight on the Trebuchet, makes me wonder if it could be used to create a switchboard controlled elevator.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad JUNKASAURUS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found an old video showing a bug that messed up my project a few times. This bug happened only while a structure was planted. It is a ghosting bug. The clipping bug happens for different reasons.

Post Thanks / Like
    DaFuzz, I guess you can remove the comment now to let the Lenovo support link vanish

Post Thanks / Like

QA Lead (Craneballs)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BCP_Labs_YT View Post
    Just... WOW

Post Thanks / Like
    Exceptional! And potentially extremely useful as well. Might be worth entering in the contest.

Well done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent!

Post Thanks / Like
    You completed the challenge!
    Good job!
    For sure this model is just the beginning now.
    With the cockpit improvement Craneballs mentioned, you will be able to make it walk too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy cow, BCP... Nice job! That ended up pretty awesome (which, now that I think about it, is my usual reaction to your stuff).

Post Thanks / Like
    Best game ever!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lenovosupport View Post
    SPAM
    Well thanks Lenovo support that no one actually asked for.
    Since the employees of your company are overwhelmingly bored, how bout they make a a good cappucino and bring it to me?

Maybe then you will be functional and helpful and I may consider that you truly are the best company of the world (not sure compared to what)
    Last edited by DaFuzz; 16-04-2018 at 08:08 AM.
    Why on earth would someone spent all his time in life being a little bit creative, when you can go all the way?