Thread: New in Game, now 140 hours in 12 Days... i'm verry addicted

Post Thanks / Like

New in Game, now 140 hours in 12 Days... i'm verry addicted

Hi there, i'm new in the Game, since 28 March 2018. Now are 140 Hours played, and i canot stop it

My Planet is called "Shami"; seed is also called "Shami". Planet Size 24, Land -2, Water +2, Animal and Plants dont attack me and there is no Rain.

Momentanly i try to build a Mobile Base, where can fly and float on the Water.

I like the Game. Is also incredibly stable for an Alpha, so plz dont stop Programing, i wanna build my Star Ship, later

Greetings Shamara.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamara View Post
    ...i'm verry addicted... (to an) ...incredibly stable for an Alpha...
    Tell this to Ark players... ;) That game is crashing a lot

QA Lead (Craneballs)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there, i'm new in the Game, since 28 March 2018. Now are 140 Hours played, and i canot stop it

My Planet is called "Shami"; seed is also called "Shami". Planet Size 24, Land -2, Water +2, Animal and Plants dont attack me and there is no Rain.

Momentanly i try to build a Mobile Base, where can fly and float on the Water.

I like the Game. Is also incredibly stable for an Alpha, so plz dont stop Programing, i wanna build my Star Ship, later

Greetings Shamara.
    Hi Shamara,
    140 Hours in 12 days ? WOW! We're glad you like Planet Nomads!
    Cheers, David

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it now, i made a break, from build up my mobile Base, and decided to Fly around my World. Nordpole reached, check. Heading to South, i Find in the Ocean a lovely Island, where i decide, to go there later, after i reach the Southpole, and build up a Hollyday Ressort there, only for my Fun

Here a Pic, on my Steam Account are more of these Island.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1357712307

One thing i missed, btw, Watterfalls, Rivers, Brooks, Realy High Mountains. And a much greater Planet ;)

But is ok, what i get, with only 5 letters.

Greetings Shamara

Post Thanks / Like
    Question, about a Feedback, i had some Thoughs, but i writhen it down in German, because i was born and live in Switzerland.... so, can i writhe it down, in German, and someone translate it in English?

Greetings Shamara.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely a highly addictive game for sure!

Some elements are little challenging to figure out, but that's a big part of the fun too.

Started experimenting with hover vehicles last night... didn't quite work the way I'd have liked. I did get my first prototype off the ground though, but somehow it managed to break part of the frame - it was actually very amusing. My second model wouldn't power up due to the power demands of the hover pads, but I'll get it figured out yet!

Kicking around some ideas for another land-based vehicle. Pretty sure I know how to make it work, so we'll find out tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Question, about a Feedback, i had some Thoughs, but i writhen it down in German, because i was born and live in Switzerland.... so, can i writhe it down, in German, and someone translate it in English?

Greetings Shamara.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/50405...5894122217717/

Post Thanks / Like
    It's quite fun to explore, but for me...the fun is in building wierd and wonderful vehicles to do the exploring in. The actual 'survival' part of survival doesn;t take too long to get sorted, and that's when you can stop surviving and start doing.

I am also trying to build a flying base that can land on water ( Marvel style Command Carrier ) that will give me a mobile operations centre. First though, I am trying to crack amphibious vehicles so I can swim to an island and just drive on land when I get there. Sure....I could just use hoverpads.....but thats absolutely NOT the point. Similarly...I could just fly there....but again, where's the fun in doing it the easy way!

It's fun for what it is, and while there are areas where the content could use some love, it is pretty stable in terms of crashing. There have been some nasty bugs ( like a recent one that deleted all your blocks on save ) but really not that many game breakers.

Sure...they could use a good Community Manager to promote the game and to have a more regular presence in the forum to boost activity, but they are a small team and I don't know what scope they have for this sort of thing.

For me....there are 2 things it needs.

1) Destructable blocks ( so crashing your buggy has consequneces )
    2) Fish/birds! Half a dozen land creatures .... but not a thing swimming in the oceans or flapping in the air.

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings Shamara.
    I will give it a shot from the link that Menzagitat posted.
    However, if I screw up, don;t send the godillos at me, I'm just doing my best

Posted:

Ich suche deutsche Spieler zum Ideen Austausch und zur problemlösung .Ich habe mom eine Base , ein Flugvehicle mit dem ich ein Buggy - wrack abgeschleppt habe (es giebt anscheinend Bauteile die man nicht nachbauen kann ). nun versuche ich den Buggy in meine mobile Base mittels rampe einzuladen.Die Rampe geht nicht , bau ich 2 Scharniere an , dann sind die nicht gleich ( die bodenplatten haften nur an einer ) . Die winde verdreht dann alles noch , so daß die ganze Base zu hüpfen beginnt.Das Game ist gut gemacht und ich bin gespannt was da noch kommt.Das Baumenue bringt mich noch zur verzweiflung.Man müsste schnell mit dem Mausrad herein und heraus zoomen können.Die Geschwindigkeiten sind auch noch etwas unrealistisch.meist bin ich mit NUR 50 unterwegs , ab und zu auch mal mit bis zu 72 (in der Luft )
    Ein ding noch - Meine auto Miner sind mit Röhren am Kontainer verbunden , senden aber die Rohstoffe nicht weiter - ist das mom so , oder mach ich was falsch ?

Translation:

I'm looking for german players to exchange ideas and for troubleshooting.
    I have my own base, one airplane and one buggy, wreckage has been towed away (there are apparently tools that can not be build)
    Now I'm trying to get my buggy into my mobile base, but the ramp is not closing.
    When I build two hinges, they will not connect to the same block (grid), the winches twist everything.
    this makes the base bounce a bit.

The game is well build and I am excited about what's to come next.
    The building menu is still getting used too.
    The player should be able to zoom in and out real fast.
    The speeds are also somewhat unrealistic, I'm currently travellling with a max speed of 50 and sometimes with (through the air).

One more thing - My miners are connected to a container with conveyors, but the resources don't end up in the container.
    Is that correct, or am I doing something wrong?

Personal observation:

Hiya Shamara.

I hope I translated your tekst properly, I may have changed the translation a bit to get the message across.
    I hope the mesage was translated correctly, Otherwise I'll eat another german to get the translation better next time

I'm not german, but I would love to exchange ideas and help with troubleshooting.
    As a matter of fact, I think most people on this forum will have the same goal, so come on in and join the wealth of planet nomads

concerning your ramp door to load your buggy onto you mobile base, II'll try to explain as well as possible, though a picture of your mobile base might help with specific troubleshooting.
    If you start to build something (no matter if this would be a base, car or airplane) you basically start to build a grid of blocks.
    Of course, these blocks can all be found in the build menu.

As soon as you use a tool like hinges, dampeners or rotating plates (I believe there was another one), and build on the other side of this tool, you basically create a new grid.
    The problem that arises with this is that currently, it is impossible to connect two grids to each other.
    For example, you build a floor tile, standing upstraight (like a wall), then this will be a new grid.
    Once you place other blocks onto this floor tile, they become part of this grid.
    If you place a hinge on the side of the floor tile, the hinge itself is already a new grid.
    Everything you build on the other side of the hinge will be part of tat new grid.
    If you place a new right above or below the previous hinge, you have created another new grid, that is impossible to connect to the second grid (namely the block you placed on the other side of the hinge.

So if you wish to solve that, what you can do is create one hinge that holds the entire ramp.
    Place another hinge above or below that one and build a fork like construction where the door fits in (just can't connect them together)
    However this will put you probably in the other well known bug in PN, which is snapping to grids, so it's going to be nigmarishly difficult to place your blocks on the right grid.

Concerning the bouncing of the ramp, this appears to happen only when you connect more than one winch to a grid, so you might want to try just one winch (I know, it looks ugly and unnatural as hell, but........alpha)

I hope the building menu has been simplified for you since the update to 0.8.12.2, but also here, it's a work in progress.
    Zooming fast in and out can be easily achieved by pressing the ALT button on your keyboard.
    Keep ALT pressed and zoom away

And the speeds may be unrealistic, but were not building Ferrari's, we are building survival cars that need to be able to wade through the toughest of terrains.
    If I'm looking at my Ballheader MK IV, it has a topspeed of 50 as well, but I get slowed down by glitches in hte landscape that sometimes tear the wheels right off my car, only to snap in place shortly after again.
    I'm already glad that the snapping part doesn;t launch me into space anymore, so there's some progression there as well

And finally, your precious minerals in the containers
    Like I explained earlier with the grids, there is no difference for conveyors, meaning they MUST be build in one order.
    So build from one side and continue building from that side untill you finish.

If you build a container, then this container is one grid.
    If you build a miner, then the miner will be another new grid.

In this scenario, the container and the miner will never be able to connect with each other (unless you use the conveyor wifi thingy).
    So if you want the container and miner to be in one and the same grid, build from either the container or the miner and finish also with either the miner or container.
    example, build a container, build conveyors from the container untill you reach the point where you want to build the miner, then build the miner BUT, make sure that the miner is connected to the conveyor.

I hope I translated and answered your questions for now and I'm sory this post has become a book
    Why on earth would someone spent all his time in life being a little bit creative, when you can go all the way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey DaFuzz, that was not from me my Steamprofile is: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992794240/

Had writhe you also 3 PM's, there is my text

Greetings, Shamara.

Post Thanks / Like
    DaFuzz: Not entirely sure what you mean when it comes to attaching more than one winch. I recently had a building incident involving a very large vehicle, where I didn't pay close enough attention to the center of gravity, and when I set it down from a hover jack it promptly rolled over. I was able to right it by using two winches, attached to two posts a fair distance apart, both connected to one switch box. I turned the switchbox off, turned the winches on, attached both to shackles attached to the bottom of the vehicle, and turned both on by powering on the switch box. They promptly rolled my vehicle back upright and held it in position once the switch box was turned off again, allowing me to correct the center of gravity problem and when I detached the winches, it remained upright as intended.

I've used multiple winches on a few occasions for different reasons without much trouble.

Now, if you really want to have some fun... build an 8x8 platform with a shackle in each corner, four tall posts, at least 30 blocks high, a short distance from the platform with a winch on each one on the inside. Make sure the platform is not attached to anything (I do this by building a single block, then the platform on top and remove the single block). Put a switch box on the platform, a battery next to it, connect the battery to the switch box, turn off the switch box, then attach the switch box to each winch, the each winch to a corner shackle, turn on the winches, stand on the platform and turn on the switch box....