Thread: Darn, I just discovered blocks stop movement when your 100 meters away.

Post Thanks / Like

Darn, I just discovered blocks stop movement when your 100 meters away.

I was building a Lighthouse with spinning lights, but discovered the hover motor and momentum stop at 100, and returns at 92.
    And I was going to have lights flashing and revolving on it, but with such a limit range I donít see a point in doing it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1355733810

Post Thanks / Like
    had the same thing happen when i launched the trebuchet. the ball stopped mid air about 100m or so away the kept moving when i got closer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Viking View Post
    There was a long discussion about this over many threads
    https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...ll=1#post14733

The alternative would have been to limit the size of the buildings.
    If we get in future flowing water, this change prepares already the road for that one.
    The game performance is not the best and they have to add more features.

I dream about a future when the fps will be 4 times better and the 100m increased 50 times... so that I can send my automated drone to mine 5000m away from my base
    And to see how it moves on a remote screen, to be sure everything is fine

- - - Updated - - -

Truth is that the 100m was never mentioned for this variant we got now. It came as a surprise.
    What I understood is that the vehicles and contraptions will be frozen just a little bit before the buildings are unloaded, 400-500 m away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, this is a common thing to do to increase performance where a large area of map could be in play. Continued updates of the unseen areas just saps CPU cycles, so they stop everything.
    It's a part of the reason why multiplay on this kind of scenario is so taxing. Compromises.....always compromises

Post Thanks / Like
    Would this apply to mining rigs we put down on distant nodes? Would you need to be within 100m for them to be running?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eheast View Post
    Would this apply to mining rigs we put down on distant nodes? Would you need to be within 100m for them to be running?
    I’m not sure, But I think they stop but count the time you are away and add the proper amount of ore when you return as if it was running.
    And the same should be true for printers also.
    Much like what happens when you sleep.

QA Lead (Craneballs)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eheast View Post
    They're mining no matter how far you are from them

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh, this could be an issue for my sun tracking solar array system that I've been building at a few remote sites, to power the mining process.

So, if I understand this correctly: Miners still gather, generators still burn fuel, production machines still churn along on their queue, I'm guessing solar panels still react to sunlight and generate power appropriately, but just motion mechanics stall out when beyond a specific range of the player?