Thread: augmented reality & hot-bar toggle

Post Thanks / Like

augmented reality & hot-bar toggle

With TAB now just being augmented reality on/off toggle, I feel there should see something to indicate that it is on. a little symbol, light, sound, voice, or small tint/color change.

(I use blue light filter app f.lux and I think some of it setting options would be fitting.)

Iím having a little trouble getting use to the new construction UI, and was thing that with TAB being augmented reality on/off toggle; to me it seems it would be more user friendly if Q was a hot-bar construction/survival toggle.

I may be missing something but to get the construction hot-bar I have to press B twice.

Post Thanks / Like
    ... And to get back to the survival hotbar again I have to open and close the inventory. Are we missing something here? This doesn't seem to reduce the number of keypresses imho.
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Post Thanks / Like
    I must admit that I feel like pressing more buttons now then in the old setup.
    One thing I find rather annoying (on top of the hotbar being selected by I or B) is connecting electricity between switches and tools.
    Because every time when I press connect on a switch from the radial menu, the build vision turns on, halting my game and then continues with a certain degree of lag.
    If I want to stop connecting electricity, I need to press the Build or inventory button to stop connecting.

Which basically means I have to press a button twice to stop connecting electricity (once, opening one of these menu's and again to close it)
    Why on earth would someone spent all his time in life being a little bit creative, when you can go all the way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
    I must admit that I feel like pressing more buttons now then in the old setup.
    One thing I find rather annoying (on top of the hotbar being selected by I or B) is connecting electricity between switches and tools.
    Because every time when I press connect on a switch from the radial menu, the build vision turns on, halting my game and then continues with a certain degree of lag.
    If I want to stop connecting electricity, I need to press the Build or inventory button to stop connecting.

Which basically means I have to press a button twice to stop connecting electricity (once, opening one of these menu's and again to close it)
    actually you just need to right click to get out of power connect mode

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BCP_Labs_YT View Post
    actually you just need to right click to get out of power connect mode
    Sweet! I did not know that, I have been using Q.

Question: I know Q will switch “build-hot-bar” to “survival-hot-bar”, but what to best way to switch “survival-hot-bar” to “build-hot-bar”?

I have been doing B twice, but there should be a better way.

QA Lead (Craneballs)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Viking View Post
    With TAB now just being augmented reality on/off toggle, I feel there should see something to indicate that it is on. a little symbol, light, sound, voice, or small tint/color change.
    There is a indication when its ON
    Attached Images Attached Images