Thread: [MEDIUM PRIORITY] Vehicles hover level is not restored to the same level after load

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

[MEDIUM PRIORITY] Vehicles hover level is not restored to the same level after load

Precondition: The vehicle is hovering at a certain altitude. The avatar should be outside, hovering near it.
    1. Save the game
    2. Load the game : the vehicle is loaded at a correct altitude and falls a bit down until it reaches equilibrium.
    3. Save the game again
    4. Load the latest save : the vehicle is loaded at the altitude where the equilibrium was achieved last time and falls a bit further down until it reaches a new equilibrium level.

With such a trick a player which makes the mistake to go down onto the surface in cold areas, he can bring the vehicle down by saving and loading.
    Maybe this is not such a bad example because the player can find the exact spot below the aircraft and hover up, having endless energy in hover mode under any block. Luckily I was not aware of these two tricks and I had to build a ramp to enter my vehicle.

However, the save is supposed to restore the exact state of the game as before, to prevent delicate contraptions to break.
    If I make a fleet of hover crafts, each placed carefully to show the text "HELL0 Craneballs" and I send you the save, who knows what you will read...

Post Thanks / Like
    Are vehicles unloaded when we leave the chunk?
    I tried to make a video about this problem happening also when we leave and return to the chunk.
    Trying to observe the the effect better I was not able to do that anymore. It is like Schrödinger's cat.

But I noticed another thing: The flying vehicle remained visible all the time. I was moving backwards, looking at it, buildings behind me were "coming" into the chunk and "leaving" the chunk again in front of me but the vehicle was still visible as a small dark dot.
    I cannot say if the vehicle was "unloaded" when I noticed that drop. But as long as it was visible, the level was also maintained.

The "cat comes back to life" video:
    https://youtu.be/CikHVinuqwg
    The "cat never dies" video:
    https://youtu.be/x-mEtyqAz44
    Last edited by Menzagitat; 01-04-2018 at 10:52 AM. Reason: added videos

Post Thanks / Like
    @Devs
    Do you plan to fix this issue?