Thread: Flying Mobile Mining Rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Flying Mobile Mining Rigs

I had a brainstorm and decided to build it. This was built in creative. I used world seed Fahrenheit 451 and that allowed me to get tons of resources through Mining Rigs. There are two hills right near where you start. I built my base across them, and put mining rigs in the hills. One at base that is producing 50% Iron/50% carbon. Built a vehicle that allowed me to drive and set up mines for rare materials, and then a flyer to get to gold/uranium mines.

This flys, and when landing turn off the switch for the blades, and turn the switches on for the mining rigs.

The images are not uploading for me. I will try a different browser and edit this post. Essentially it is 4 large air blades around a frame of batteries and deuterium reactor. It uses 4 mining rigs as landing gear.

Here is a link to the screenshots - https://imgur.com/a/2iqVP
    Last edited by Dorzak; 17-03-2018 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Added Screenshots

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup...built a few of these, and they do work.

One bit of advice though.....scraqpe the surface back with the multi-tool to reveal the 'ore' texture and you get better results

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, air mining crafts work very well , what I liked most is that I dont have to move ores by hand, I moved just the final products.
    While I was attempting to build one, I started whith I think 2 large containers, but they filled pretty fast (while sleeping in pod ofc ) so this is my last version. It can hold enough material to allow you build almost anything you want. At least I made in this miner around 10k+ of Frames and Plates each from one mining trip ;)
    + ofc horizontal air blade for higher speed

The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.