Thread: One Way Conveyor

Post Thanks / Like

One Way Conveyor

I have a base with mines for two different groups of metals. I have each of them going to their own Cargo Container. Then have them all connected to my 3D Printers. The problem is that the mine from one will fill the others container if there is room. I would like to keep them separate.

The simple solution would be a strait conveyor with a one way only function, that when in build view you can change the direction of flow from one direction to the other. This would allow us to mechanically separate connected containers, and machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about this the other day also.
    Have a raw materials container on one side of a printer and a container of ready made parts (from the printer) on the other side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, I'd like to see it more general than this: I'd like for containers to have a dropdown checkbox page for the types of materials they will accept from other containers, and if not in that checklist, the container is treated as full by the network.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking as part of the container sorting we are all waiting for it would be nice that if a container was labelled "Iron" for instance, that any iron would be sorted into that container first.
    How feasible that is programmatically, I don't know.

QA Lead (Craneballs)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally like this feature but it's not planned for a near future.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have for now use the function of autominers - to do not send resources to containers when the miners reach full inventory and ofc, you have to build at least 2 miners, one for each ore. When mining pure veins, you usually mine only two type of ores, so there its easy and that is why you need at least two miners. This way, the printers will have enough resources as miners wont stop working whith inventory fileld whith less/no used ores and the miners wont fill up every free container space whith ores, blocking, in the end, the entire factory production
    The problem is, that the miners can start to mine other ore types too, as time goes by and the vein start to be depleted ... but usually whith 1% chance, so it will take really long time to fill your containers anyway.
    Sometimes I use the "feature" when you build miner in "ordinary" rocks, sand .. etc. in the higher lever biomes - if you have the time to wait really long time for some descent amounts of ores, +- same amount of them ( I usually build at least 20 miners ) , so it isnt good for iron frames and plates production, basically this setup is just to be able craft a missing part, specially in the early stage of the game when you are on the hunt for better jetpack, tool..., not to function as a factory.
    JFYI, I never do this setup on my own and now when I have my new air mining and printing worker craft, I will use only him for production I guess, until some new version of the game would come out whith news about production and mining mechanic ... but I think others use it often and the theory about this sounds good, so it should work well if you want to try this and have a clean containers
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.