Thread: Alien objects behavior; vibration/phasing.

Post Thanks / Like

Alien objects behavior; vibration/phasing.

I know I知 doing stuff that was not meant to be done, but that is what makes it a fun challenge.
    Over 90% of the time Alien objects behave normally, But some time they will vibrate, and start rotating/spinning through blocks.
    (I知 guessing looking for a grid point to lock into?)
    (Resulting in them popping out of a space they are blocked into, or phasing into blocks turning the block grid into alien indestructible and none attachable blocks.)

Trying to understand;

I have had no issues with this pad that I did a month ago, I知 not sure if it they are factors or not, but it is blocked in on all four sides, it is resting a ceiling frame on a different grid then the rest of the structure, and batteries are on top to lock it in place.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1305266352

With my two latest alien adventures;

The big Alien Crane-Ball does vibrate and spin, but has not phase or pop-out of the frame holding it in place.
    The pad in my space-sea-turtle vehicle, has vibrate, popped-out, and turned the ceiling blocks into alien indestructible and none attachable blocks.
    I went back a few saves and blocked the sides in, and converted the blocks under it to frames.
    Hopefully this will stabilize it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1328128741

Part of me hates to say this, but I would be really nice if Alien blocks had a hidden attachment point on the bottom.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    It might be some physics glitch. Could you please make a video?

Post Thanks / Like
    I look through my old save files and could find one with it, if it happens again I will.