Thread: Building Controls

Post Thanks / Like

Building Controls

In this post I will suggest improvements to the building controls. Anyone who has played for a few hours has noticed the tedious re-populating of the build bar at the bottom middle of the screen. I would ask that comments to this thread be short and either a yes or no to this idea at the beginning of a response so the devs can weight how important it is to the community without reading all of the responses completely.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

(1)Ok like many of you I have spent a lot of time replacing build objects in the build bar numbers. I would suggest to the Devs to please give us multiple sets of build bar numbers that they are selectable through a small up or down arrow next to the build bar itself so we can make build sets for making bases, vehicles, mobile bases, etc........

At the moment it is very tedious constantly replacing objects in the build bar every time a new task is started and players need to populate the bar with the desired objects.

(2)Next is the transfer of materials to containers or player inventory. If possible i would like a way to simply (TAKE ALL) items in a container, and the reverse(STORE ALL). OR configure the containers so when a contents transfer from one container to another can be started and a timer applied, EXAMPLE: large container on a transport vehicle to a large container at a base though the amazingly usefully conveyor connecters. I have more suggestions for this game but will save for another post. Thank you to the Devs for making this game I have enjoyed the physics and building in this game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry i can't follow the yes/no that you want, this is a forum for discussion and sharing or ideas and thoughts.

extra building bars:
    I don't see it as a problem, if you think ahead you can minimize the amount you have to swap out items. A lot of the item are used for bases and vehicles so only thing you might have different would be the machines really.

Item transfer:
    A store all option yes, I would use the crazy out of that but a take all I think it would lead to more problems, honestly if the item transfer system was change to allow user to shift+click item think we'd be golden really.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes(1)
    Yes(2)
    this was what I was thinking for easy tallying, and all the comments after that

There are some blocks i tent to use for everything, or very often, it would just be nice to have dedicated sets for contructing as I find am spending alot of time doing setup...

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed recently that it is possible to create polls and when I saw your post, trying to ask users to answer shortly, I had to try it out. So I made one in another section, as an experiment.
    I don't find polls a good idea unless are made by the developers. They can decide what they want or need to know and ask the player base.

Regarding your questions:
    (1) Yes and no. I used to play games with multiple hotbars, where each had 10 layouts. Was ok. But developers mentioned they want to change the hotbars and the build vision and maybe they have a better idea. I would prefer to see their solution first.
    (2) No. I saw recently this topic discussed in two threads and some better solutions were mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky-jin View Post
    [..] I would ask that comments to this thread be short and either a yes or no [...]
    No.

If an idea cannot stand up to scrutiny and debate, including debate at length and in depth, then it is faulty on it's face and should be discarded.

[...] multiple sets of build bar numbers [...]
    I don't think this is really necessary, and could serve to clutter up the UI even further.

[...] (TAKE ALL) [...] (STORE ALL).
    This one, however, I am in favor of. It would be a nice "quality of life" improvement, needing only one button next to each bloc of inventory - an arrow. In your inventory, one pointing to the right, placed to the right of the item spaces. In each container, one pointing to the left, placed to the left of the item spaces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies people. I'm all for discussion and in depth review. What I was fishing for was a poll/ opinion post and I basically got it. PAX that is all I want, a quality of life improvement, too much tedium kills it for me... thanks again

Ky

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Multiple hotbar "pages" and possibility to equip a block without using the hotbar are currently in development.
    Rework of inventory management is planned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, I was just coming to comment that both of these have been suggestions bouncing around for a while and both have been addressed by the developers, but martin beat me to it!

Always great to see the dev team actually reading and responding to the forums, one of the reasons I have such confidence that this game will continue to evolve in a positive direction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the response Martin. Feedback to players matters, especially when they put their money behind a game. Keep up the effort!

Ky