Thread: Powered drop pod doesn't replenish hunger and thirst

Post Thanks / Like

Powered drop pod doesn't replenish hunger and thirst

Powered drop pod and powered stasis chamber used to have the same behavior.
    However now, after some recent balancing of the stasis chamber, the powered drop pod lost it's features completely.
    Is this intended?

I see the drop-pod as a "special" chamber because it has to survive outer space, the impact with the planet... it's purpose is to keep the player alive.
    I wonder if the drop pod shouldn't be restored to it's former glory, for those who like to heal in devices instead of producing food and drinks.

After all the drop-pod is not easy to be relocated and if the player is willing to make the effort to carry that thing along, then it's features might be really important to him.

But I think balancing is not easy.
    It could disrupt the survival in the very first moments on the planet for the hard-core survivalists.
    Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah....I know what you mean.

The stasis pods were way OP, and once you built one and powered it...well...forget food and drink ever again. There was just no need. I think it was right to nerf them so they just replenish stamina and health.

But I think you are right with the drop pod. If that gave even a small amount of food and water to the player that would give the pod a purpose. At the moment.....it provides a beacon service and aside from that...it's just a glorified stasis pod which I usually break down for parts now.

There is a delicate balance between drop pod, stasis chamber and FAD machines.

If the drop pod makes food/water then why build a FAD.

At present......the drop pod is a stasis chamber that does not need power. That's how I view it. Once I have power sorted, it is just a pile of parts to be re-used.

However you look at it, for a survival game....I think it is better now than before, with the magic chamber removing all need to forage for food or get water. At least now food and water are NEEDED as part of your survival strategy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then maybe developers should remove the capability to be powered?

For me the survival part of the game is ok. Maybe even easy.
    I see the stasis chamber a cheaty way to survive, also a way to speed up production (some youtubers use that) and it is an interruption from creative activities.

I know there are people who play more for the building aspect but they also like to gather ores, to mine and take care of the logistics.
    At the moment the creative mode doesn't allow you to access inventories and in survival you have to eat, drink, interrupt your building activities because it is raining...

I guess every survivalist actually is a player who is searching for solutions. First the solution to become self-sufficient, then safety against environment, then escaping the world or maybe making his life easier by automating tasks. If I am near a base where tasks are automated, as long as no disasters struck, I would expect to have no need to go gather fruits.

There is a healing block mentioned on the trello page. What is that?
    https://trello.com/c/zbGNttwI/304-ta...-healing-block

- - - Updated - - -

I found an old suggestion of mine
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/504050...7615843693228/

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe both should only be able to restore your Food/Drink levels to 25 ...? Enough to keep you going, but NOT operate at peak condition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Or ...rather....have the drop pod do that and the stasis chamber do nothing for your food/drink and just restore the health and stamina. Really...there needs to be a difference between what the 2 units do. The advantage of the stasis chamber is that it is easy to add on to a large vehicle and take with you to replenish health and stamina and prevent you just dying on long trips.

The drop pod is an escape capsule from the ship, and would carry reserves of power and nutrients. Maybe give the drop pod a finite amount of food/drink it supplies. If it could restore a maximum of 500 food and 500 drink....the more you use it...the faster it's depleted. Once it's all gone, then no more food/drink points restored. Just health and stamina.

I would also like to be abl to hook up the stasis pod to a pipe system and link it to a FAD, so if I have food components in the FAD it would use them to restore food/drink. Hook the FAD up to a water pump and give it a supply of carbon....and you get hydrated automatically, taking the amount of dirty water and carbon from stocks and turning it into hydration. Same with fruitage or meat in the FAD .Just turn them into food and apply.

If you don;t want that to happen, just don;t hook the stasis pod to the FAD. It's not a complete ignoring of the food and water needs ( as with the old stasis pod ) but it simplifies the process for a Nomad who has taken the time to set up the infrastructure, and makes life easier......but not if you don;t want it to.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think in the early phase, when the player lands on the planet, the survival has to be the focus.
    If the landing pod heals the player then the survival is compromised and the balancing is more difficult.
    But while we gather more resources and unlock more recipes, the survival will be easier on the basic level of the health and thirst.
    And this basic level of survival must come back time to time if the player overestimate risks or he enters dangerous areas.

Using the Pod or stasis chamber has the advantage that the player is relieved of the scavenging part, where he has to manually gather the resources.
    And this is what annoys those people who want to continue their work.
    They have to go to a stasis chamber, and then sleep (more than before) and then go back to their project.
    They do not want to go to collect resources and produce food. They see collecting food a grind.
    But they want to produce energy and collect minerals, produce equipment... this is why the creative mode is not an option to them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I get thet entirely. I like the gather/refine/build side more than the 'keep the nag bars full' of pure survival..... but....

The idea of progression means that I want to be able to build/refine/mine etc. and be able to produce thigns that make the nag bars less of a hassle.

In short....I want to be able to farm, and be able to process the crops to feed me. If I hook that up to a stasis pod, I expect to wake up fully fed with my nutritional needs met. I want to be able to hook up awater purifier to a grtound water pump and wake up fully hydrated.

Now...if I can do these things, I can engineer my way around the survival aspects as I get a base established. Then I can start to explore a bit more, making bases as I expand my network....as in truth...these sorts of infrastructure should NOT be portable.

At the moment. we can't 'farm' or really grow a crop, so we still need to spend time as a hunter/gatherer survivor. That should be an early game state.....but as with our civilisation, we should reach a point where we can farm fruitage and tame herds of animals so we can localise and control our food production. This trades a nomadinc life for a settled one with more dependable resources. From there....you can explore and establish fresh bases as you expand around the globe