Thread: 0.8.9 .... seems to have some framerate issues

Post Thanks / Like

0.8.9 .... seems to have some framerate issues

Don;t know if it's me, or there is some issue with the latest build ... but I have fouind the game has been running a lot slower since the last patch. Not all the time ...but every now and then, for no apparant reason...I get a period of much slower running.

There isn't anything going on, and it's not just happening in daylight.

After a few minutes...it goes away. But sooner or later.... it comes back.

But I can't blame the stuttering for my awful driving...

Post Thanks / Like
    COOL!
    Your planet a Buggy Trees!, those are really rare.
    That buggy looks ripe and ready for picking!

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed a slowdown too yesterday, in 0.8.9.0 but only when build vision was active.
    Today in 0.8.9.1 was a bit better but still not as before 0.8.9.0.
    Somebody mentioned a performance drop on steam too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/504050...40635909084681

Post Thanks / Like
    My game was running really slow last night, but figured out it was because Steam was updating other games in the background when I was playing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely frame drop while flying. Seems when you enter a new area. Also continues when you land. Frame rate in single digits until it catches up. This is on an AMD 580 vid card.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's playing up again today. I'm running it on a 6Gb 1060 on a I5 4690 with 16Gb of RAM. Pre update...the game was smooth as silk on max details. Somethign they have changed has had an adverse affect on framerates or is causing a bottleneck somewhere,

EDIT: It Is NOT just in build vision. I have just had it while flying, and while trying to get out of my 'well'. Which jkust caused a rage quit. Between the stupid loss of vision coming out of teh water and MASSIVE slowdown of the game, I simply couldn't. By the time I had vision and copntrol back...my suit was out of power and I fell back into the water.
    Last edited by Flakmagnet1701; 03-03-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll have a look at it and see if there is some performance bug or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    This effect is new for me. Could be a cause?
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1320657780
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1320723465

If yes, please investigate further to see what happened in 0.7.9
    https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...ll=1#post14719

Thanks!
    Last edited by Menzagitat; 04-03-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Additional info ....

In order to clear the problem, reloading the save is not enough. I had to quit the game and restart. That would indicate it is something that is not in the world save, but rather in the core program which is not reset on loading a world.

Once I exit and reload, the game was back running OK for a while. No error were showing....so it looks like a memory leak or some issue with the game not 'tidying up' after itself.
    If you need any logs etc. just let me know. I can wait until the issue happens and quit/check whatever is needed. I really would like a solution to this as it spoils gameplay and stops me having fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    This might not match everyone's reports: the several times I've had my framerate drop severely during play since 0.8.9, it was either driving up to a wreck site or landing one of my aircraft at my main base. The objects near me had the center-of-mass indicator on them even when I was in my vehicle, tab did nothing from within the vehicle, and when I exited the vehicle and hit tab to enter build mode, duplicate mass indicators popped up on everything and slowed things down further. Hitting tab again to leave build mode seemed to reset everything and performance got smooth again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGriffin View Post
    This might not match everyone's reports: the several times I've had my framerate drop severely during play since 0.8.9, it was either driving up to a wreck site or landing one of my aircraft at my main base. The objects near me had the center-of-mass indicator on them even when I was in my vehicle, tab did nothing from within the vehicle, and when I exited the vehicle and hit tab to enter build mode, duplicate mass indicators popped up on everything and slowed things down further. Hitting tab again to leave build mode seemed to reset everything and performance got smooth again.
    Absolutely correct.
    I've posted this bug here
    Why on earth would someone spent all his time in life being a little bit creative, when you can go all the way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by martinsustek View Post
    We'll have a look at it and see if there is some performance bug or something.
    Did you found anything? People are talking on steam too...
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/504050...3068431863493/

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've discovered that center of mass indicators could eat a lot of CPU if build vision is enabled. We're working on possibility to disable this indicators as well as other layers of build vision. And of course we'll try to optimize that indicators.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by martinsustek View Post
    We've discovered that center of mass indicators could eat a lot of CPU if build vision is enabled. We're working on possibility to disable this indicators as well as other layers of build vision. And of course we'll try to optimize that indicators.
    Hiya Martin.

The build vision has been separated now so I guess this issue can be placed as solved.
    Or are there still some performance issues going on concerning the build vision when it's off?
    Why on earth would someone spent all his time in life being a little bit creative, when you can go all the way?