Thread: Can we have different power generatort configurations. IE short and wider for vehicles?

Post Thanks / Like

Can we have different power generatort configurations. IE short and wider for vehicles?

Hello all,

The long and tall configurations on the power plants has made it difficult for me to incorporate them into any hovercraft design because it raises the center of mass in my experience in a way that is hard to adjust to. I still have not been able to make a hovercraft that doesn't flip with one of them.

Could we have a shorter and wider configuration for vehicles?

Thanks,
    Ashelon

Post Thanks / Like
    I typically lay down the generators on their side or back when building into vehicles (using rotate). That drops the center of gravity very low.

Post Thanks / Like
    They have Deuterium generators and Xaenite generators on the to-do list, and I’m sure one or both will be small, compact, and light weight, thus good for vehicles.

https://trello.com/b/theYNOul/planet...erview-roadmap

Post Thanks / Like
    Eh. Most of my nonflying vehicles nowadays use solar panels and batteries, anyway. I've had decent-sized cargo haulers that simply never run out of power in Survival.

Post Thanks / Like
    Small Deuterium generator and Deuterium generator were added in the update today. The small generator is a 2x3x2 so small enough for most vehicles.

Screenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Vid of biogen hover craft. You need to add 3 batts and dual switchblocks. Waiting for the update on GOG for the deuterium gens. That will be a big deal with redesigns coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu-KDwWdZQ8

What does the middle icon mean? The 720 value. haven't figured that out yet.
    Last edited by tp555; 02-03-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can somebody please explain what the symbole in the middle of the last row stands for? the one that looks like a batterie symbole
    I found this on all genrators and even the battries but dont know its meaning so far

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing here but think it's meant to be a measure of power stored, and it's been carried over from the battery when they made the generator. Was the only thing that made sense to me, Would love the hear (or see in this case) from the devs what it is because now i'm curious. (o.O)

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaver View Post
    Can somebody please explain what the symbole in the middle of the last row stands for?
    Hi Xaver,

like Cypher091 pointed out,
    maximum power - how much power generator/battery can deliver
    electric capacity - how long it takes to consume another fuel
    number of slots for fuel

you can read more information about electricity system on our blog https://www.planet-nomads.com/2017/0...le-base-wheel/

Pavel
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    My apologies, but what does "how long it takes to consume another fuel" mean exactly? I'm not sure if I understand that.
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Post Thanks / Like
    me too, cant firgure out the meaning of this sentance, and regarding to the bolg reference, batteries have no more fuel anymore so is it just left over and why solar panels have this too?
    in the blog "Energy: xxxx" make no sense for me even Generators with the same amount of fuel and same load showing diffrent value.

These pictures are nice to illustreate the switchboard and home-comming charge feature, but I'm still in the dark, regarding how long last one fuel in a generater which is at 100% load (I guess the time will double if the load is only 50%) and same for a fully charged battery.

Post Thanks / Like
    My thought was that the battery icon represents the "charging ability" of the generators/solar panel and the counterpart of it on batteries.
    So for example the solar panel has 700 of whatever the battery icon represents and one battery have 120. So you can connect 5 batteries (600) to one solar panel and it will charge them with max capacity. With one more you'll exceed the 700 units of the solar panel thus it will charge slower.

But I never tested this out, and based on the above I think I totally misinterpreted it

Post Thanks / Like
    i have cars with 20 batteries and only 2 flat solar panel and these 2 panels do charge all batterie to 100%

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    My bad, I am sorry

If you divide: electric capacity / maximum power = how long it takes to consume another fuel [in seconds]

For example. BioGenerator has capacity 150000 and power 500. 150000/500 = 300 seconds. So it consume Biomass container every 5 minutes if is on max power. In case of batteries, they will just die after this time and same time is needed for charging.

Do not be afraid to ask any further questions.
    Pavel

Post Thanks / Like
    So there's a multiplier of 1000 on the battery thingy, right?

Aaaand 700000/400 = 1750, thus a solar panel consumes a sun in every ~30 minutes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PazziCZ View Post
    My bad, I am sorry

If you divide: electric capacity / maximum power = how long it takes to consume another fuel [in seconds]

For example. BioGenerator has capacity 150000 and power 500. 150000/500 = 300 seconds. So it consume Biomass container every 5 minutes if is on max power. In case of batteries, they will just die after this time and same time is needed for charging.

Do not be afraid to ask any further questions.
    Pavel
    Cool thnx a lot, everything clear now
    The only thing thats left now is the the tooltips are showing diffrent units, like for the bio and the small deuterium gernerator the electric capacity is showing "only" 500 and 720, i guess the right number would be 500k and 720k. like it is for the big deuterium generator where it is 3.2m.

And since the generator time is in real-life-time anyway maybe you could just show the final value in secondes directly. like 400s for the deuterium generators.
    Last edited by Xaver; 07-03-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably there is GUI bug and last character is missing.
    Solar panel (without sun) is working 1-2 seconds if I remember correctly

Post Thanks / Like
    'If you divide: electric capacity / maximum power = how long it takes to consume another fuel [in seconds]"

oh, that make sense now, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PazziCZ View Post
    Two suggestions.

FIRST, don't call it "electric capacity". The proper term for what you seem to mean would be EFFICIENCY

SECOND, don't make the players do math like that. Do it automatically, and just show the seconds-per-unit-of-fuel. In BUILD view, just assume the generator will operate at 100% capacity. When looking at a completed generator, show the number for the generator's current load.

In case of batteries, they will just die after this time and same time is needed for charging.
    Batteries should charge faster (or slower) based on the power available to them.