Thread: cratered terrain

Post Thanks / Like

cratered terrain

Is there any way to minimise this?

I keep getting planets where north and south of the spawn points, I end up with areas of terrain you cannot pass with a wheeled vehicle dues to the sheer cliffs and craters. I have chosen to slam the terrain slider all the wasy over to the left to get flat terrain, but I still get a LOT of this sort of land.

Really annoying when you have to go north to get cobalt and aluminium etc. in order to fly

Post Thanks / Like
    What size planets? Try large and med 14R. Had good drivable w/ 14R but am using max 24R now. I get lots of water at 24 R. Good for hover craft.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was on standard sized worlds. I played around with huge max sized worlds, but boy does it get tedious when you have to go 8K just to get a supply of cobalt....... and polar trips take all day just leaning on the forward key while you trundle 30K of terrain all alone.

I would just like a control over the terrain like this as it forms impassable chunks

Post Thanks / Like
    I like 14R size and to minimize flatness and water level, and I still often have to travel East or West to find a good path towards the equator.
    And if it is too bad, I would kill my character and select a new crash site or try a different seed.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flakmagnet1701 View Post
    Really annoying when you have to go north to get cobalt and aluminium etc. in order to fly
    Well, you don't have to go north, in fact if you head to any direction, you will sooner or later find T2 ores, sometimes you find T2 and T3 in one location very close to the landing site.

Btw, I never had problem while I drove my starter vehicle for ore hunt. Sometimes you have to drive around craters etc, but that's life ;) . Ability to overcome terrain obstacles also depends on your vehicle design, when you have resources to build few air blades, at least two I would say, cliffs are no problem anymore as you will be able to drive up almost 90 slopes, craters can be still tricky and you can lost vehicle there easily.

For example, whith this two versions of vehicles I can drive everywhere, even underwater it keep driving at max speed ;)
    This one is whith 3D printers, the second one is only basic explorer.

https://youtu.be/Q6qkbH6E004?list=PL...wRyEm2XTIDP-4i
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.