Thread: Any possibilities for PN VR

Post Thanks / Like

Any possibilities for PN VR

As the thread already suggests, will there be a VR version of planet nomads?

I am very certain that the game is very qualified to become VR and I would just love to really love to fly around for real over the planet
    Why on earth would someone spent all his time in life being a little bit creative, when you can go all the way?

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have HTC Vive kit in the office and played few VR games as well as tried to make some.

The main problems we see in porting Planet Nomads to VR is the lack of ability to walk freely on terrain (movement will be limited to a little space or jetpack/vehicles only), the need to invent new way of controls (get rid of keyboard and mouse and rework whole GUI) and the rendering performance (you need double the FPS to render 3D image).

And I can imagine many injuries caused by Godillo-scared people trying to escape through the wall .

Currently we see it as a lot work that we do not have enough manpower for, so we do not experiment with Planet Nomads VR more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwww, too bad.
    Guess I'll stick to my 2d monitor then
    Why on earth would someone spent all his time in life being a little bit creative, when you can go all the way?