Thread: Separate camera settings for character and cocpit

Kickstarter Wreck Nomad Harrison's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Separate camera settings for character and cocpit

Hi all. Just thought, that separate camera setting would be useful (at least for me).

Because it's little tires to move camera beetwen 1st and 3rd person mode. Yes, I can youse V button, but at this time, I like play only from 3rd person mode. I like when camera placed close behind the back of the character, but when I drive the vehicle, I like far view.

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Harrison

Did you try the ALT button while in third person?
    This will give you the possibility to zoom in and out of your vehicle/character

Hope this helps
    Why on earth would someone spent all his time in life being a little bit creative, when you can go all the way?

Post Thanks / Like
    I mean, that I want "saved" camera location for the vehicle and character separately, that I no need always use alt+wheel to change nice view for vehicle and character.

Post Thanks / Like
    It would then probably be a good idea to not just have two values for the distance, but save that on each cockpit separately.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about two values cockpit/character recently, but it sounds like a good idea to have it different for each cockpit. I've added it to our list.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find it nice to have in the cockpit gauges that shows the battery level and altitude will do this in the future?

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, we count on it. It's a shame that those gauges isn't in the game yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    The cockpit gauges I would like to see are thermometer and Geiger counter.

I know a lot of players like using the first person view in vehicle, and I get that.
    (Too many games, (not PN) I feel like I’m RPing a vehicle and not a character driving a vehicle.)

For first person drivers it would be great if they could add to the dash a top-view camera screen!
    (Like top end cars now have in real life.)

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not use 1st view in the cockpit, because the camera crazy jumping, when I ride on the hills. Will be useful to make something, like "shock absorbers" for the camera, which it will be more smoother. I not argue, it's very cool to play from the cockpit, but I can't use it, because camera jumping is heavy for me (only more better in mobile bases).

Post Thanks / Like
    With the big Airships that we can now create, it would be nice I we could build a ship’s bridge.
    Via having a cockpit that is a captain’s-chair only.

It could have ether no gauges, augmented reality gauges that display on your helmet's face shield, or “if feasible” have a terminal block that display battery level, and anther that displays temperature, and etc.
    Terminal blocks that display information without interacting with it, would be great for vehicles, buildings and immersion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Viking View Post
    With the big Airships that we can now create, it would be nice I we could build a ship’s bridge.
    Via having a cockpit that is a captain’s-chair only.

It could have ether no gauges, augmented reality gauges that display on your helmet's face shield, or “if feasible” have a terminal block that display battery level, and anther that displays temperature, and etc.
    Terminal blocks that display information without interacting with it, would be great for vehicles, buildings and immersion.
    Very similar to my thoughts. I put in a suggestion on this very idea a while back: https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...lot-seat-block

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, Just so happens I was already planning on finish building an aircraft to airlift a monument’s teleport-pad tonight and the new glassed cockpit (with better bottom view) fits perfectly into my plans.

Thanks Craneballs!

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/st...d945208640.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Good News, I just read this on Steam in reply to a request for a large cockpit by Erdenstern:

Craneballs [developer] 26 minutes ago
    We want to make a "smaller" cockpit instead - just a seat and an control panel, without any chasis, so you'll be able to put it into any of your indoor creations like captain bridge.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/504050...2388941/?ctp=4

Post Thanks / Like
    Thumbs up for that! Can we have some large(er) glass panes as well? we have to see out from the captain's bridge after all
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fura View Post
    Thumbs up for that! Can we have some large(er) glass panes as well? we have to see out from the captain's bridge after all
    Earlier today I was just thinking that an interior wall of tinted-glass would be great for my building, and now I could see use it on airships as well.
    And if we could change tint color as well as frame color, could see it becoming a very popular block.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I do not use 1st view in the cockpit, because the camera crazy jumping, when I ride on the hills. Will be useful to make something, like "shock absorbers" for the camera, which it will be more smoother. I not argue, it's very cool to play from the cockpit, but I can't use it, because camera jumping is heavy for me (only more better in mobile bases).
    I was thinking about placing cockpit on suspension, it may look a bit weird, but if the shaking stops... sadly I never have test it as I use 3rd camera in vehicles all the time anyway, like I use 1st for player, except when I'm building something and 3rd camera is a only way to place block, as it behave a little bit diffenetly than in 1st.
    But maybe someone will test the idea of cockpit attached to vehicle by suspension block - it may be way worse this way who knows
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    having a monitor in the cockpit and add cameras like lights to vehicle, so you could switch through these cameras would be nice.