Thread: More visible wiki link

Post Thanks / Like

More visible wiki link

When I mention the wiki in posts etc. players don't seem to have been aware of it as it's slightly hidden under the menus on the website. Maybe a link within the game itself or a more visible placement on the website would catch attention and hopefully make it more useful to players.
    Just a thought.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fact is that we didn't plan to have a wiki for game. People from Gamepedia asked us if their site could be the official wiki site for Planet Nomads. We agreed, but have no manpower to write any articles.

Our plan was to export data from our datafiles (like item and block stats and recipes) directly to that wiki, but that never happened. If you're interested in improving that wiki, I could ask a colleague how far is he with this export and maybe he could send you some raw data for your reference. He's also a fan of wiki, so maybe we could schedule him some work on it.

A lot of wiki-style information is accessible within datapad inside the game and this should be the primary source of information in my point of view. We need to improve it and add many data too. Maybe once wiki will have enough good information we could link it directly into datapad, so it will be accessible in-game.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, having original images etc for icons rather than relying on cropped screenshots would improve the quality. I've created or added to a number of entries on the wiki including a tutorial on building a basic wheeled vehicle, using the switchboard, a list of ore types and where they're most common etc. (not to show off or anything).

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wondered what would become of the wiki data Daniel had kind of promised. He seemed to have quite detailed ideas while all I wanted was some raw block data, biome info and stuff like that.

One example I had made back then:
    Code:
    {{Block
    |Id=42
    |Name=Uranium Generator
    |Category=Energy
    |Weight=400
    |EnergyGenerated=2000
    |EnergyRequired=0
    |ConveyorPorts=2
    |Size=3x3x5
    }}
    100% linux gaming

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been trying to update the wiki as I play along and would love to be able to get some original artwork for things the health page i updated recently.
    i.e. All the health icons (thirst, hunger, etc) used in the health dial at bottom left corner of the screen and the ones that appear above that from time to time.