Thread: Advice hovering mobile base

Post Thanks / Like

Advice hovering mobile base

I've been using a mobile base with wheels (see attached) but keep getting stuck with water and any slopes it land it cannot seem to climb even with 10 base wheels set to T. I'm also hitting issues getting enough power to everything but the more generators I add the heavier it gets and the more awkward climbing slopes etc. I'm trying to make a hovering or flying craft that can travel over water but the weight issues still apply. I want to be able to use the medium 3D printer as I travel but that plus all the hover things/airblades require a lot of power = more weight from generators = harder to get enough lift. I'm trying to get south to seek out rarer resources like uranium which I haven't yet found.

vehicle1.jpg

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try the new big air blades ;)
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, try the large airblades. They're really cool
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I would use those but I have not yet been in the right biome for the required resources. I linked the map showing my progress below (the forum image size limitations is getting rather a headache). I started at around point A and trying to travel south but keep getting stuck with slopes and water.

https://s10.postimg.org/qcd88vxzt/20180127110309_1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I ended up making a very stripped down vehicle, bare basics but a fair number of regular wheels. Works pretty well and I find routes around water. I think the hoverpads really need a uranium generator as are power hogs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also found the large wheels to be very ineffective on rough terrain. An array of smaller wheels gives better drive and puts down more power.