Thread: 0.8.6.0 version doesn't like my recent saves

Post Thanks / Like

0.8.6.0 version doesn't like my recent saves

Only three months and older saves will get past about one third of the Loading Active Blocks phase, for newer saves the game just stops responding and I have to kill the process.

I managed to pinpoint the last working and first non-working save, so I zipped them with my latest save and put them here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrcqhmi90h...Saves.zip?dl=0

Hopefully the cause can be found and fixed in the upcoming patches.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi JAAHAS,

I've tried to open your saves and can confirm that it freezes during loading. Once we'll find the cause I'll let you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I wonder what the cause could be, the last working save was made while I was building my first floating hovercraft and in the next save it was finished, I can't really think any other major change between them?

In the latest save most of my vehicles have been turned into ground structures by lifting them up in the air and them building a beam from them through the ground. Should I have been on a trip to gather more resources, all but one vehicle would have been grounded like that to prevent them from getting any ideas to launch into the orbit in my absence.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably it has something in common with bug in reworked conveyors - https://forum.planet-nomads.com/thre...8-6-Very-laggy

Post Thanks / Like
    That explains a lot, small containers and conveyors are the skeletal framework of most of my vehicles. That hoverfloater I mentioned earlier even uses conveyors as rails where the hoverpads and extra upside down suspensions are connected. There are also many loops and loose ends, because in my efforts to balance my vehicles I tend to built conveyor pipes on both sides of a machine even if only one side has a port for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am affected by it as well. ALL of my saves are inoperable. The games is freezing during Loading Active Blocks
    In 0.8.5 version in was working fine. Is it possible to downgrade the version?
    http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/720788/_main.db
    http://www.filehosting.org/file/deta...791/save_47.db

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your troubles. We're preparing a hotfix for this problem, currently testing it, should be ready in couple of hours.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hotfix 0.8.6.1 is available now on Steam and GoG online, offline GoG builds should be ready soon.
    Please let us know if it fixed all issues with login/gameplay performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I downloaded 0.8.6.1 (gog online), and my saves are still not working. It is still freezing during one third of the Loading Active Blocks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leszek View Post
    I downloaded 0.8.6.1 (gog online), and my saves are still not working. It is still freezing during one third of the Loading Active Blocks.
    Same here, updated through the GOG Galaxy app and no luck loading the affected saves. I even let the game in the loading screen for about fifteen minutes just in case it would somehow recover, as clicking the screen while the last working save is loading can also bring up the not responding... -popup.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, sorry for that. We must look like total gallots now, because what seemed to work yesterday doesn't work today even on our machines, not mention that hotfix has more bugs than original release.

We're currently trying to find out what happened and make a final solution as a new update. If this will not be successful, we'll probably need to revert live game back to 0.8.5.0.

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries, hopefully if the rollback becomes necessary you can keep or at least bring back soon the large AirBlades.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem showed to be bigger than we thought, and reverting back to 0.8.5.0 will cause error in games saved in 0.8.6 because of missing Large Air Blade blocks. So we decided to revert to 0.8.6.0 which would not fix conveyor freeze but at least it's more stable build.

We are actively working on fixing all the bugs and will release new build as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stuff happens, the important thing is that you are working on it and discuss the game state whith us ;) .
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I really don't feel like starting from scratch. Would it be possible for me to temporarily downgrade my version somehow, to delete all the conveyors, and then upgrade, and rebuild the conveyor system?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leszek View Post
    ...Would it be possible for me to temporarily downgrade my version somehow... ...?
    As you previously implied that you have the GOG version, the Galaxy client should allow you to rollback the version by selecting the game, going to More/Settings and from the Version section you can select what version to use. You should probably disable the automatic updates from the client's general settings first.

Hopefully it works, I have not tested that function as I just copy the installation folder and rename the copy to include the version number before allowing the client to update a game.

Unfortunately my vehicles would not survive from a conveyor removal operation, so I have been thinking about just calculating how much they weight, figure out if there is any sense in trying to make some of them flyable or not and then decide whether I will wait a little bit longer or if I am better of dismantling the vehicles or starting totally from scratch.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Leszek, it's not possible now, as reverting back would mean that large air blades will be missing that will cause errors in saves and there might be other possible errors, as we didn't tested this.

But you've probably not used them anyway, so you could try it at least. I'll send you a link to our old build by PM. Just unzip it somewhere on you PC and run .exe. It'll use your current saves, so I recommend you to backup them first.

We've found a fix for this bug and currently testing it. There's other things that we must take in account but I think we could release the new version on Tuesday.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

We've released new update 0.8.7.0, which should fix conveyor loading issues. Let us know, if some problems still persist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great update. Not only all my saves are working, but also the base stopped jumping around when adding/removing blocks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I can now load my saves, but now removing some conveyors can make the game stop responding for a while.

ConveyorRemovalCrash.jpg

One example are the conveyors between the two rows of AirBlades in the middle. They are connected to the main conveyor pipeline making a loop which probably will explain the temporary hangup when I broke the loop.

So here is another reason why in another thread I was hoping to be able to deactivate conveyor segments when there is no need to transfer resources through them. Or just have a separate set of inert pipe segments that weight at most the same as the basic metal block, preferrably less if they use advanced materials.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a complicated algorithm during conveyor deletion traversing whole structure and checking for remaining connections. It may be slow if there's a lot of loops. How long does the hangup take?

Post Thanks / Like
    It took about 30 seconds with a i7-4770K. Once the loop is broken the other conveyor segments can be removed normally.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, this is probably the minimum we can get now.