Thread: Any Asheron's Call Vets here?

Post Thanks / Like

Any Asheron's Call Vets here?

Asheron's Call was my first love as far as an online game is concerned. Anyone else here from AC?

Post Thanks / Like
    December 31st 2017 was a truly sad day indeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o77BL-hCHxA

I vaguly remember playing this title (way way back) and it was awesome.
    I was more into titles like Homeworld and Unreal Tournament but did dip in and out of MMO's once in a while and this was one of the better community based games that I enjoyed.
    Last edited by bigstep70; 16-01-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    "They say that if you play any Microsoft Windows CD backwards, you'll hear satan... that's nothing, play it forwards and it installs Windows."

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought 'vets' meant the animal doctor kind.

Kickstarter Music Nomad Berrani's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I played Asheron's Call from the week it went live to the very minute it was silenced for good. Spent my whole time in Thistledown and largely kept to my one character. I helped found a fairly large monarchy and served as its quest master, lore master, and pre-portal hub travel guide. Asheron's Call gave me very many fond memories, not the least of which being the many other players I met in that time and I miss it dearly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Berrani View Post
    I played Asheron's Call from the week it went live to the very minute it was silenced for good. Spent my whole time in Thistledown and largely kept to my one character. I helped found a fairly large monarchy and served as its quest master, lore master, and pre-portal hub travel guide. Asheron's Call gave me very many fond memories, not the least of which being the many other players I met in that time and I miss it dearly
    Yay an AC vet at last! I started in 2000 on Solclaim then moved to Wintersebb Server in Jan 2001 when it opened. I came over with a bunch of Solclaimers to start over and our Monarchy was House of Silverblade. I branched out on my own and started my own monarchy House of Pontias. In 2005 I moved over to Verdantine. I quit AC in 2007. I did come back for a few months in 2013 but it wasn't the same for me. I Visited TD to do various rank trades. You never know.. we may of crossed paths! I like your profile picture it reminds me of AC!