Thread: Left Mouse won't place Building Blocks

Post Thanks / Like

Left Mouse won't place Building Blocks

Starting about 9 pm December 27th, my left mouse button won't create a frame in Survival Mode or place building blocks in Creative Mode. it worked fine in both before that.
    I have checked 'Options' and 'Place Block' is shown as 'left mouse button'
    I have restarted PN a couple of times and in Survival I can't even place a basic 3D Printer.
    After discussion with another, more knowledgeable user I have uninstalled PN via Steam, removed 'Craneballs' files from my 'User' files, dome a warm reboot and reinstalled. No change.
    I then uninstalled etc as before, did a hard restart, reinstalled again. No change.
    I have changed mice. I have tried two different Logitec wireless mice with different recievers and a Dell wired mouse. All the mice appear to work normall in other software but non will activate the 'place block' function.
    I rechecked 'Options' on each occasion and 'Place Block' is always shown as 'left mouse button'
    I run Win 10 64 bit Pro and Avast Premier anti-virus.
    Any ideas?

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roadster,

This is a very strange bug. I am not sure, but maybe controls binding is somehow corrupted even still showing "left mouse button". Does any other functions of left mouse button work?

Did you try Options/Controls/Restore defaults? If this does not help you can try deleting this settings in registry. Launch "regedit", go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Craneballs\PlanetNomads and delete entry begining with InputBindings_.

Let me know if that helped, or we should try to find another solution.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am having the same issue, I haven't played in quite some time and just re-downloaded PN yesterday. I tried to do the tutorial but got stuck at the part where you're supposed to fix the door, LMB would not work, I tried rebinding it to other keys to no success, tried verifying the game files through Steam and still nothing. Tonight I did a clean install and tried it again, still wouldn't work, so I started a new game to skip the tutorial but cannot place anything. I tried the above fix suggestion but the issue persists.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update:

Unplugging my Xbox controller from my PC fixed the issue.