Thread: Dear Santa Nomad (aka: a wish list of small things)

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Veshke's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Santa Nomad (aka: a wish list of small things)

As the subject implies - a list of little things I'd love to see someday. None of them are important, just minor things that would make the game more fun.

1. Ability to edit the entries in the world map - I'm making notes separately but being able to do it on the map would be perfect
    2. Change the beacon letters to use A-Z
    3. Stagger notifications on the compass when they overlap - they are impossible to read and with so many more POI in the world it gets very cluttered
    4. A terrain tool - where you can flatten, dig or fill in - right now you can just dig and it isn't very easy to control
    5. Ability to name my character - customization of look/gender would be nice, too, but I don't want to be greedy
    6. A way to tame/domesticate animals (just because I want a flock of Brann following me around!! haha)
    7. My character's own journal entries
    8. Altitude and fuel notifications in the cockpit

Anyone else want to climb on Santa's lap and make a wish??

Post Thanks / Like
    Slightly increased altitude capabilities of aircraft would be great - I don't want to fly over mountains, I would just like to fly over plateaus.
    A "bendy" conveyor piece - It can be quite tedious having to line up every single piece, and if its out by a single pixel, the whole system wont work.

You already named my other ideas.

I just bought this game, and I am loving it so far!

Post Thanks / Like
    Concerning your first point:
    You CAN edit your own waypoints by renaming the beacon. Changes will be saved after relog (i think).
    Or did i misunderstand you?

cheers
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at that wishlist:

1) YES. It would be great to be able to update the beacons and waypoints on the map. Yes...you can change beacon names, but the little markers you can't. It would mean you could change the names without having to go to that point and do it as well.
    2) YES. If you want more than 5 markers, then it would make sense. Bit of a pain to set by clicking, as the letter is selected currently....but '1' would sort that
    3) YES. Not sure how you wouls stagger it...but it can be a problem especially when you travel further away. All your markers start to merge together.
    4) Mega yes. Been asked for more than once, for all those times you accidentally dig a pit right outside your base door........
    5) Would be nice. Doesn't do anything....but it would be nice to have a choice of armour colours, name, gender....just something to make your guy..well...YOUR guy.
    6) Not a bad idea at all. Just have them breedable maybe for meat. Not all the animals should be tameable. Just the docile ones.
    7) Ok...not something I would use...but I can see why people might want to. Maybe have them shareable through Steam with embedded screenshots. Might be fun.
    8) GOD YES! THIS I need. Battery power and fuel in a reactor. SO annoying when a wheeled vehicle runs out of fuel miles from anywhere, so terminal when a flyer does it. So annoying when the only way to check what you have left is to exit the cockpit and go into build mode. Even just a low level warning.

Please Nomad Santa ...we have been good little Nomads

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, the ability to navigate printer menus with the key board. We have the quantity setting highlighted up on selection, but the ability to navigate to the next item without using the mouse would make this smoother again.

Kickstarter Unique Nomad Veshke's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kwon! Yes, you can edit your own beacons but not the rest - I want to track where I've been or important details so I know where I want to go back to or what my plans are

I don't want to have to leave a beacon at every place because it wastes resource and also clutters the compass display and makes it even harder to know what you're looking at.

Oh, one other wish while I am here... Auto-forward movement (like Num Lock for walking) when flying. Holding down W constantly is a pain.

Btw... I love this game!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Going along with 2 (need not be Z but some more letters would be helpful) ,3,4,8
    Concerning 1 - I place my own beacon at every site I want to keep and rename it to something sensible. I do not mind the material - itīs not much. And if you place your own beacon exactly besides the original point 3 is even helpful - they will overlap completely on map and radar and by switching the map selection (all, own, human wrecks, alien wrecks ...) I can always check my own notes on my own beacons getting the overlap off. So a "would be nice to have" but is not urgent.

What I would like is better updating of my own beacon notes ... the planet map seems to update the text at random times, and flying around a lot I have been uselessly revisiting already explored sites because the notes on my own beacon had not been updated yet.

Another wish would be: Access to the terminal from the cockpit, but that has been asked for already in another thread and if I remember correctly it is not easy/possible to program because of interfering with the cockpits functionality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Santa, please make a hybrid mode for air-blade so I can mix direction and steering together (same direction). Then it can finally make my super slim-design (only two air-blades, some batteries and cockpit) usable.

P.S. I absolutely agree with TS on 8, cockpits dashboard now is just a fancy texture with no function. It would be great to see some life in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Santa,

Another tier of battery (for vehicles / stations) would be great. (One that holds more of a charge, depletes a little slower.)
    There are a few other things but I am trying not to be greedy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Santa Nomad,
    Please bring me a red with white trim space suit.
    And it would great if your rain deer at North Pole would have shiny red noses, and evergreen trees throughout Planet Nomads had green and red fireflies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ingame music player like they have/had on Eve online. Tameable critters for farming,pets and mounts!

Post Thanks / Like
    one wishon't make this game creepy with that music and that big breath when selecting ''continue''