Thread: Battery Charging

Post Thanks / Like

Battery Charging

Is there a simple way of charging batteries I have missed?

Do I have to unlink the batteries from the drive wheels.....link to the charging source....and then repeat the process to unlink from the charging source and relink to the wheels.

Bit of a PITA

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope this helps

- Connect all batteries and wheels to a switchboard.
    - Connect that switchboard to a charging source.
    - Once batteries charged, simply drive off. The power link to the source will break if you get far enough and you'll be using battery power.
    - If batteries depleted, connect the switchboard to a charging source again.
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah...that's the trick I was missing.

I had all my batteries linked to a switchboard on the base, rather than a switchboard on the vehicle with all the wheels/batteries linked to the same switchboard.

Many thanks....that makes a lot more sense than what I was doing!

Mind you....I am also running a 40 wheeled, 5 segment articulated rover....which also makes no sense, but is a whole lot of fun to drive But that uses a nuclear reactor for power, not batteries. The batteries are for my little scouts

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, batteries are for little scouts, but I'm bad at energy management, which kinda sucks if my batteries deplete in the middle of nowhere (above deep ocean)... So I prefer reactors instead. That is why my "little scout" ended up being quite beefy, with a nuclear reactor and 11 airblades It is pretty much a flying power plant. Advantage is, I can build an outpost around it, if needed
    There a few screenshots in the imgur gallery, if you are interested. Link below.
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah...my flying scout went the same was as yours. I lost the first couple of battery powered scouts as there is no in cockpit indicator of remaining power/fuel. You fly just that bit too far....and you don't make it back.

Recovery is more hassle than the resources to build another.

I see you also did the low airblade thing and ended up with an upside down flyer.... Did exactly the same thing