Thread: Radar

Post Thanks / Like

Radar

1) Please allow us to construct radar equipment on bases and vehicles. I can understand if the radar will not scan if not tied directly to a surface grid. Even if just for looks / decoration alone would be bad ass.

*** Well that was quick ****

2) I receive no resources when deconstructing radar installations from human wreck sights. I should be able to scan with it and deconstruct for resources.

3) Size scale of human wreck radar seems smaller than my constructed radar. Scale should be the same

*** 4) Shading areas of biomes with different colors Arctic - White, Forrest - Green, Jungle Dark Green, Desert - yellow, Prairie - Orange, Open Water - Blue, Etc.

*** 5) Higher degree of topographical mapping of terrain. Perhaps two maps. Biome and Topography

Regards,
    Sam
    Last edited by Agamemnon; 07-12-2017 at 07:08 PM. Reason: *** Updated Post.
    HW Specs. MB - Asus z87, CPU - Intel I7 4770K 3.5 Ghz, RAM - 16 GB Corsair, GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX1080 Hybrid Cooling.

OS Ubuntu 17.04 64bit

Graphics Driver NVIDIA 384.90

Post Thanks / Like
    I like that wreck items are collectable trophies that look different.
    It is a pain to move them back to you base, but that just increases the value.

I love the planet map, but currently radar needs work.
    They don’t help you find POIs and the image does not show biome boundaries or types.
    Currently radar gives a 2k image and finds POIs in that 2K, but we can see POIs 2k away without radar. The image size is OK, but it should pick up POIs 3k-4k away.
    I know bigger radar is planned, for large-planets that is really needed.
    and I agree with Agamemnon radars should be attachable.
    Last edited by Casual Viking; 09-12-2017 at 04:53 PM.