Thread: [EXTREME PRIORITY] Game is a slideshow on linux

Post Thanks / Like

[EXTREME PRIORITY] Game is a slideshow on linux

Game Version: 0.8.1.0
    Version OS: Ubuntu 14.10
    Simple Description: Extreme lags and response time
    Detailed Description:
    After 1min the game gets very slow.

The framerate gets very low and the respond time to input is over 0.5s.

Reproducibility: Every time
    How to Reproduce: Play the game for ~5min
    Any additional information:
    Log file: https://pastebin.com/vX0Y0CPV

Post Thanks / Like
    Stechi,

Sorry to hear you having trouble.
    There are several users here that run linux including me. I only experience a lag / freeze during game auto saves.
    Check your auto save time setting to see if it is the default 15 min, or perhaps it is set more frequent.

Could you also provide us with specifications of your hardware (CPU, RAM, Graphics Card, Etc), and perhaps which graphics drivers you are using?

Regards,
    Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I can provide my hardware infos: https://pastebin.com/pjwp58WS
    I am aware this is a dxdiag.txt from Windows, I have dual boot on my machine,
    so same hardware for Ubuntu. ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I saw your other post about the game crashing under windows and was wondering if you were dual booting.
    Would I be correct to say that Ubuntu is on either a separate partition of the WD20EARX drive, or on it's own drive?

Have you tried any hardware monitors when running under Ubuntu to see if the CPU or Video Card is overheating or throttleing?

Have you run PN previous versions, and did they perform better or same?

Are you running any other applications while playing PN? If so, try shutting down all others to see if it improves.

What kind of disk activity are you noticing, constant, nearly constant, frequent, intermittant, or tried monitoring disk I/O while game is running?

Did you try deleting and re-downloading the game files?

Is your ubuntu installation using open source or proprietary video drivers?

In my case I had a Radeon 7900 series card until I recently purchasing my Nvidia 1080. I experienced issues with the generic drivers, (nouveau?) i think it was and had to purge them from my system.

I was also using 14.04 until recently and I could not install the newest version of either the Radeon or Nvidia drivers until I upgraded my base OS to 17.04 currently
    I purchased MAIA from steam shortly after purchasing PN and I could not run it until I upgraded OS and video drivers (crashed on startup)

Not saying that this is the cause of your issue, just what I experienced.

Another cautionary message regarding your Western Digital WD20EARX, Seems like a lot of them are failing from infant mortality, and shortly after the warranty period ends.

Regards,
    Sam
    HW Specs. MB - Asus z87, CPU - Intel I7 4770K 3.5 Ghz, RAM - 16 GB Corsair, GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX1080 Hybrid Cooling.

OS Ubuntu 17.04 64bit

Graphics Driver NVIDIA 384.90