Thread: Deleting human wreck beacons?

Post Thanks / Like

Deleting human wreck beacons?

Patch 8.01

Is there a preset number of human wrecks that have to be present on the planet at all times guarded by game routine? So if a human wreck beacon is deleted another human wreck will be spawned? I was in the habit of deleting beacons of already explored and deconstructed wrecks before patch 8.0 to spare myself unnecessary detours to already explored sites (global map not yet being available). I continued to do it after the patch but after playing for some hours (not immediately after installing the patch) I was increasingly spammed with human wrecks with empty containers which continued to spawn on my map so I have for now stopped deleting the beacons which seems (?) to have stabilized the situation

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, interesting! There is a set number, and it should have been a fixed number right from the world generation going forward... but it's quite possible new wrecks are being added if the others are deleted... and if you are experiencing just that, it's more than possible. We'll need to check this.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    I confirm : I was in a journey to all the beacons to get the report and then i used to destroyed them. Now I found beacon without any journal entry.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found several wreck sites without journal entries. At least 15. I have seen wrecks appear very close to areas where I had already removed beacons prior to 0.8.1. I have encountered two areas near equator where there are 6 to 8 beacons in an cluster not much more than a few km apart. I figured these were the sites where the Manacourt and Delgado logs had originated which had respawned.

I currently have 12 Manacourt Logs, 15 Delgado, 0 Mission, 1 Anita Crew, 5 Alcubierre, 5 Eliades, and 7 Eradanus Messages
    This is my original starting (and only) world from a few months ago.

HighDensityCrashSites.jpg
    Last edited by Agamemnon; 05-12-2017 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Update

Post Thanks / Like
    Currently have 12 Manacourt Logs, 15 Delgado (think that is all there are of those two), 0 Mission (does it already exist or is this for the future?), 6 Anita Crew, 1 Alcubierre, 5 Eliades, and 7 Eradanus Messages.
    Could we pool the numbers from all of us to know?
    I know now I still miss some from Alcubierre and I have mapped 3/5 of my planet so now I will hunt on.

Re starting topic: Still some empty containers, but I think no more new wrecks spawned since I stopped deleting the beacons. And some containers just might be empty by game logic.