Thread: Phantom wrecks / visible details view range (esp. trees)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Phantom wrecks / visible details view range (esp. trees)

Patch 8.01

Phantom wrecks: When playing for a longer time wrecks (human or alien) are shown on the navigation compass which do not appear on the world globe. If you go to the location shown on the compass the beacons would either be invisible in the air or unreachable in the planets core. Problem is corrected by restarting the game - phantom wrecks disappear from compass after reload.

Visible details view range during flight: When descending with a flying craft over a wooded area at first the trees get visible in medium flight height, when you get closer they again completely disappear and you can see only the ground, then they reappear when you are already between the tree tops. Makes landing difficult if you steer the craft towards a clearing in the woods.
    When flying there are also poorly defined surface landscape areas (small stripes of blue in solid ground, patchy looking areas).
    A problem with vie range building?

Containers of human wrecks in shore water cannot be opened since "E" gives you only the "collect water" function. Trying to connect them to other containers or tubes does not work either - they will not lock.

EDIT: Since this posting no more phantom wrecks during many hours of gameplay. Cannot explain why it happened at first - post patching problem?
    Last edited by oh016; 05-12-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dig a hole down next to it, so your head is under water, then you can open it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tip!
    I usually dive but this one was on the floor of a big nearly intact base (the one with the greenhouse on top) and I did not want to deconstruct the base foundaton and the ground underneath ...
    Splitting the "use" function into "open" and "gather/collect" with the option to assign different custom shortcuts (or the same - just as the players prefer) would be nice and helpful but I do not know how much change in scripting that would need.

Post Thanks / Like
    One problem solved the next are on us. The tree behavior you describe seems like a problem with LODs, we'll check it out. The blue patches seem to indicate a problem in seams closing between individual chunks - thought we had that one nailed down 100%, but alas doesn't seem so.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    You are doing an extremely good job alleady! We simply love the game and your good communication with us Nomades :-)
    We never have real critics and never observed a real bad bug like with other games.
    These reports are just to keep you going and make PN go into the skies ;-)

Perhaps this will help you too: When quitting my stasis inside a cave close to a rock wall I ended up under the water level in the ground under the planets surface but could jet myself out. And my jet pack also drove me through some big blocks of rock viewing their hollow inside.
    Last edited by oh016; 05-12-2017 at 02:00 PM.