Thread: Turning off rain?

Post Thanks / Like

Turning off rain?

Didn't I read somewhere that we could turn off the rain? Just coming back after a bit (real life snuck in).
    The rain, even the southern rain is happening way too much.

btw, I like the new electricity! It took me a bit to get how it works with the new sub panel.

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi GaryP156,

You can disable all weather in Creative mode in Custom settings while you're creating a new game.
    It is not possible to disable weather in Survival mode.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then it is useless! When you're playing in creative mode you're normally God anyway. lol
    The only reason why I would care is to turn down the rain is in survival because it is way too often, and lasts way too long. It wastes my game time.
    Last edited by GaryP156; 28-11-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have a sleep in the stasis block.
    100% linux gaming

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like the moment you get out of your vehicle to go Harvest something it starts to rain.
    Then you've got to wait for it, and then it stops and you go out and you harvest a little bit more and it seems like it rains again.
    I know this is supposed to happen in the rain forest, but I am down South, way past the rain forest and I am now wondering if it was a bug? Maybe an internal setting gone awire?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had the same thing happen in the desert region. I start working on building some mining machines, and it starts to pour rain. I head to the stasis pod, rest, start working again, and boom, it starts pouring rain again.

Post Thanks / Like
    With suit 2 do not worry about the rain any more (patch 8.01). It will always get less before you get into the red range and you always regenerate fast - so no need to stop work or collecting. It is only dangerous with suit 1 at the start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I didn't know that

Post Thanks / Like
    I rains way too much, and lasts way too long. That's for sure. Very annoying, actually.

It's one of my main gripes with the game. It's far too intrusive and not fun at all.

Plus the game auto-pauses if you alt-tab away, so you can't even read the forums or do anything else while you wait, but sit there and watch it rain.

Horrible idea.
    Last edited by artig4n; 26-12-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I played a game on hard, with permanent heavy rain (hacked), still had everything I need after a few hours. Survival is still too easy imo.

Sadly the rain stopped when I visited the desert so having fixed weather doesn't work at least for some types of weather. But I guess you could keep a clear sky forever if you wanted the game to be boring?
    100% linux gaming

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by martinsustek View Post
    It is not possible to disable weather in Survival mode.
    Why not?
    You want to force the players to play the game "as intended"?

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Survival mode is meant to be a challenge and rain can make for tricky situations for the unwary traveller, IMHO thats a good thing. My guess is it is meant to be a bit like the Genesis world in Star Trek, a bit unstable and unique.

If ever you played Dont Starve, that is a survival game where the noobs main occupation is dying and raging at the unfairness of it all and their own stupidity, eventually you learn to survive and that then feels like an achievement. Klei (devs) dont give you any slack but it works as a game.

For creative mode and easy mode then maybe there could be settings to make the cold rain less of a hazard but for hard mode I think it adds something.

All you have to do it put a bit of ceiling up and work underneath it and you are good. Stasis pod is easy to carry in component form and sleeping you can hear when the rain stops and get out with E. Hardly any time lost, just a bit of prepping required. Think like Burt Gummer!
    Last edited by boolybooly; 09-02-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would also like the option to turn off rain, only because my game has become so choppy lately, and it is even worse when it rains.