Thread: In-Cockpit access to control console

Post Thanks / Like

In-Cockpit access to control console

It would be very useful to be able to press "C" while in the cockpit of a vehicle that has a control console hooked up, and have the console screen pop up for controlling all of our items while in the safety of the vehicle. Very handy for turning lights on and off from the cockpit seat, for example.

Kickstarter Hologram Nomad Zombie Hugger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I second this. I hope this will be added soon. Tedious to get out to turn on a couple of headlights, at which case I may as well do it manually.
    Why hug a tree when you can hug a zombie?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vrmithrax View Post
    It would be very useful to be able to press "C" while in the cockpit of a vehicle that has a control console hooked up, and have the console screen pop up for controlling all of our items while in the safety of the vehicle. Very handy for turning lights on and off from the cockpit seat, for example.
    Agree!! This would come in handy.

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem comes with several cockpits connected to a single grid and couple other issues - the main problem is that the cockpit has a completely different functionality (program-wise and GUI-wise) and the terminal control cannot be easily added, but we're keeping this in mind.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maslostroj (Daniel) View Post
    The problem comes with several cockpits connected to a single grid and couple other issues - the main problem is that the cockpit has a completely different functionality (program-wise and GUI-wise) and the terminal control cannot be easily added, but we're keeping this in mind.
    In the case of multiple cockpits on a single grid, maybe a solution would be to require the console to be wired to the cockpit you want to be used as primary? Or just require the primary cockpit to be wired to from the power distribution terminal along with everything else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, for me the most logical thing seems to be that the cockpit should have a built-in terminal.
    I made screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/D1FM7 \o/