Thread: [EXTREME PRIORITY] - Game stuck on loading

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy [EXTREME PRIORITY] - Game stuck on loading

Game Version: 0.8
    Simple Description: Game does not generate a world when i try to create a new game.
    Detailed Description: I wasn't playing the game for a while. After 0.8 update i wanted to give it a try but when i tried to create a new game with custom (also i tried preset settings) settings, game couldn't generate a world. Every time it stuck on loading screen (especially "generating wrecks" part) so i have to close it by Task manager. If i wait instead of closing it, then error message appears like "the program has crashed"..
    Reproducibility: Every time
    How to Reproduce: Create a new game
    Any additional information: i deleted my saved games before it happens, so i got no saved games to start the game.

Thanks in advance.

Log file: https://pastebin.com/3k4ErLFm
    Error file: https://pastebin.com/q9czBRhx

DXdiag: https://pastebin.com/QytQCjaY
    Last edited by restinpieces; 24-11-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the meantime, if you want to continue playing PN and you are looking for any PN save, you can try load my save which I just posted here today for bug in topic "[MED PRIORITY] I cant fly up anymore" ;)
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interestingly, the game started (cool flying machine btw) when i used your saved file, but after about couple of minutes it crashed again. . Also after the testing the game with your save file, i tried to create a new game with medium presets again, this time it loaded the bar a bit more but that's all, it couldn't make it.
    Last edited by restinpieces; 24-11-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad luck when even saved game eventually crash. So lets hope devs would help or that next patch would fix it just because it is different version (just new patch fixed few crashes/loading stucks for me - like others sometimes break my game , thats life ).

Just from curiosity, did you try to fly my flying machine? If so, can you fly upwards whith that craft?

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Bad luck when even saved game eventually crash. So lets hope devs would help or that next patch would fix it just because it is different version (just new patch fixed few crashes/loading stucks for me - like others sometimes break my game , thats life ).

Just from curiosity, did you try to fly my flying machine? If so, can you fly upwards whith that craft?
    I am a patient guy. If the game will work in the next patches, then there is no problem (its EA and i cant judge it harshly).
    For your question, No, i can only flying it high above the ground when i moved it from the edge of the hills to hillside, but it cant fly up from the ground to any higher level.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thx for info, so thats most likely it, that blade craft is doomed. Well, it seems its time to build some new one - better one and hope that it wont suffer from the same destiny. I bet it will be easier anyway to build new one than trying to fix this one, if it is even possible. I am tempted to create next crafts on new planet, just to be sure that it isnt something from old version of save which broke it
    Last edited by Jimmy; 24-11-2017 at 08:31 PM.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx for info, so thats most likely it, that blade craft is doomed. Well, it seems its time to build some new one - better one and hope that it wont suffer from the same destiny. I bet it will be easier anyway to build new one than trying to fix this one, if it is even possible. I am tempted to create next crafts on new planet, just to be sure that it isnt something from old version of save which broke it
    Can you post here a new save game file with medium preset settings ? Maybe i can play with that until next patch comes out. Thank you in advance.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, here you got it: _main , save_88

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, here you got it: _main , save_88
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    It does seem to be a combination of 8GB RAM that needs to be used as video ram as well, but let me get our devs to look at the logs (thanks for sharing those).
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke

Developer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Log file says that graphics engine was unable to allocate memory for certain video buffers. This is 99% problem of low GPU memory. You're playing on three years old gaming notebook, am I right? I was able to run game on even older hardware with less VRAM and it never crashed. It was just very slooow.

During "generating wrecks" phase there are some memory and disk heavy tasks that can lead to memory exhaustion. It's normal, that progress bar goes slower and does multiple passes in this phase. This action is done only once per file, during next load of same file it is just loaded, not generated again.

I would try to lower memory demands by setting low resolution and texture quality in video options. Also disabling water reflection, and lowering object and terrain visibility distance could help. These settings are independent of save, so you can tune it and then load same game to see if it helped.

I would also look at system monitor to see if there are not any other memory demanding application running.

We are regularly trying to optimize the game, but our goal is more likely to preload things to eliminate loading during game and make it run faster at expense of higher memory usage. So I don't expect that memory requirements will decrease significantly in future updates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by martinsustek View Post
    Hi,

Log file says that graphics engine was unable to allocate memory for certain video buffers. This is 99% problem of low GPU memory. You're playing on three years old gaming notebook, am I right? I was able to run game on even older hardware with less VRAM and it never crashed. It was just very slooow.

During "generating wrecks" phase there are some memory and disk heavy tasks that can lead to memory exhaustion. It's normal, that progress bar goes slower and does multiple passes in this phase. This action is done only once per file, during next load of same file it is just loaded, not generated again.

I would try to lower memory demands by setting low resolution and texture quality in video options. Also disabling water reflection, and lowering object and terrain visibility distance could help. These settings are independent of save, so you can tune it and then load same game to see if it helped.

I would also look at system monitor to see if there are not any other memory demanding application running.

We are regularly trying to optimize the game, but our goal is more likely to preload things to eliminate loading during game and make it run faster at expense of higher memory usage. So I don't expect that memory requirements will decrease significantly in future updates.
    Thanks for your attention. I want to mention that yesterday i tried to create a new game but it crashed as expected and i had to close it by task manager again. Then i retried to start the game by "Continue" button but the error message appeared that the last save was corrupted. I said "yes" to error message then retried to start the game by "Continue" button again. Strangely the game loaded succesfully.However, i am not sure if i tuned the graphics in any way. For now it does not matter to me. I am enjoying PN without any problem so far. I keep in my mind to lower the graphics settings. Thank you again.
    Last edited by restinpieces; 30-11-2017 at 07:25 PM.