Thread: Radar does not allow to scan

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like

Radar does not allow to scan

My third radar is powered, it turns, but it does not allow me to scan although it did not scan yet. There is no feedback why it is not allowed.

What is the problem? Am I only allowed to scan when a radar is build outside of the scan range of another radar?
    100% linux gaming

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It also happend to me today. It just dont want to scan area when it is build on already explored area, even when it is on the edge but still in explored area. Also it doesnt matter if you have powered radar there or you deconstructed it after scan - I was unable to inicialize scan only on explored area whith no other radar around or anywhere in fact.
    Anyway, it doesnt make sense so bug I guess.

Also, I dont played whith radar mutch as it seem to work in pretty straight foward way, but I guess it just do one time scan of area and then it is useless, it doesnt havy any active function or does it?
    So far I build radar next to my vehicle, connect it to power, scan and wait to complete scan, deconstruct and move on - dunno if the reason that you can build radar only on planet terrain and you cant build it on any other block (like hover jack) is intended or not. I wanted to put it on my vehicle, guessing it would scan area periodically as I move, but that plan crashed pretty fast when I coudnt put it on vehicle ... so, even if I had to manually tigger the scan, it would be nice to be able to take it whith you on journey, installed on vehicle.
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The stuff the radar finds does not move so it's not necessary to have a permanent scan.

Your way to "move" it seems to be the obvious way to use it currently. Maybe we'll get other uses later.
    100% linux gaming

Kickstarter Alpha Nomad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope so, I was just thinking that onetime, I could build some compact "drone" and command it to, at least, move straight forward "forever" on its own, also whith more detailed map and radar scnanning continuously on its own - resulting in exploring planet in one line around the planet till it came back to place from which it started (ideally). Send few of theese or even army of them and they could bring back to you pretty solid exploration results of the planet, "while you sit around in your base". Even when they are "mindless" drones just going forward - at right height they shoudnt hit anything what would end their journey or if lucky just offset direction

But I know it wont be possible anytime sonn, yet I like to think what I could build in future, maybe
    The more you know, the crazier you look.

My screenshots from PN.

Post Thanks / Like
    My radar does not allow to scan as well - it did for the first time, but after loading game to point before building my first one, I built one again and it doesn't work and planet map is still just a grid. v0.80

Edit: it does scan after quitting the game and loading again...
    Last edited by AdamPodstavka; 25-11-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Kickstarter Builder Nomad Azirahael's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found often the '(E) Scan button' was greyed out, but it still worked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleon View Post
    What is the problem? Am I only allowed to scan when a radar is build outside of the scan range of another radar?
    Yeah, it has to be outside the already scanned area.
    "Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him."
    -Raoul Duke